mafs australia 2024

It’s coming! MAFS Australia is back in a few weeks and here are all the juicy details

This season will see the ‘most diverse’ group of brides and grooms yet

The newest season of Married At First Sight Australia is set to start in a matter of weeks and anticipations are high. This year’s cast is expected to be the most diverse group on Australian series of all time, and after the explosive whirlwind that was MAFS UK 2023, I think we’re all more than ready to watch the drama to unfold. Here’s everything we know about the new season of MAFS Australia 2024.

When will it start?

The new season of MAFS Australia 2024 will be available to watch in the UK on Monday, 6th March on E4 at 7:30pm. Those watching from Australia will get to watch the show on Monday 29th January on Channel 9 and 9Now, so be careful to avoid spoilers online until then.

What’s different this year?

MAFS relationship expert Mel Schilling previously told Heart that this season is “taking a leaf out of the UK version’s book” and that the new cast of bride and grooms “will be the most diverse group of people in Australia that we have ever had.”

And with a much older cast than previous years, viewers can expect a whole mix of drama, with some of the elders learning a lot from the millennials in the group.

Who are the brides and grooms?

This year’s cast of MAFS Australia 2024 are said to be the “most diverse” yet with a range of professions, including an actress, influencer, personal trainer, professional kickboxer and nutrition coach. The cast are from all over Australia and with is made up of ages from 26 to 62, including three cast members in their late 40’s early 50’s. This broader age range will be a first for the Australian series.

62-year-old motivational speaker, Richard, is the show’s oldest ever groom to tie the knot, while professional boxer, Jayden is this season’s youngest cast member, aged 26.

While a lot of the cast initially look like your typical influencer types, we’ll also be seeing real estate agents, car salesmen and pest control workers looking for love on series 11.

Who are this year’s experts?

MAFS Australia 2024 will see all three experts returning. John Aiken, Mel Brisbane-Schilling, and clinical sexologist Alessandra Rampolla will host the show and guide the brides and grooms throughout their respective marriages. It’s amazing to see Mel back on set just three weeks after having surgery for colon cancer and we can’t wait to see her on the show.

What drama is going to take place this season?

With 15 new brides and grooms, the drama this season is expected to be mega. Rumours of production being thrown into chaos after cast members “walked out” and abruptly “quit the show” have already circulated after a marriage ended before it could even begin.

Mike Felix’s groom to be, Simon Flocco, quit the show just days before their wedding was due to take place, telling Daily Mail Australia: “MAFS wasn’t what I thought I wanted at this point in my life, that’s all”. Yikes.

What elements from the show will be returning?

Luckily for us, a huge portion of elements from previous seasons will be back again this year to stir things up. We’ll be seeing Confession Week, Alessandra’s Intimacy Week, homestays and of course, the couple’s retreat, with all couples going away together to a brand new location this year. Exciting stuff.

For all the latest Married at First Sight Australia news and gossip, like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook.