Cheating scandals and divorce: All the romances that blossomed inside the I’m A Celeb camp

From the jungle, with love x

When celebrities go into the jungle and are quite literally fighting for their lives, facing their fears, partaking in trials and surviving on a diet of rice and beans, finding love is probably the last thing on their minds. Despite this, there have been many budding romances in the I’m A Celeb camp.

Famously Katie Price and Peter Andre met on the first season of I’m A Celeb before getting married, and then subsequently divorced. Whilst they still wear the crown of I’m A Celeb’s most iconic couple, since it the show started almost 20 years ago the Australian jungle has given start to other celeb relationships. So, from cheating scandals to divorce, here’s a rundown of all the romances that blossomed inside the I’m A Celeb camp:

Katie Price and Peter Andre

I'm A Celeb romances

via ITV

When Katie Price went into the jungle in 2004 she had a boyfriend but that didn’t stop her striking up a romance with Peter Andre. They then famously married a year later with Katie wearing a bright pink wedding dress and turning up to the venue in a literal house drawn carriage. The pair went on to have two children together, Junior and Princess, before divorcing in 2009 after four years of marriage.

Marc Bannerman and Cerys Matthews

I'm A Celeb romances

via ITV

Welsh singer Cerys Matthew and Eastenders actor Marc Bannerman were on the 2007 series of I’m A Celeb where they struck up one of the show’s most scandalous romances. They shared the camp with the likes of Katie Hopkins and eventual winner, Christopher Biggins. Their on screen relationship caused quite a stir at the time as whilst Cerys was single, having just recently split from her husband, Marc was in a long term relationship. His girlfriend Sarah was in Australia to support him but quickly flew him when she saw their chemistry on screen. Despite their relationship only lasting a few months once back in the UK , Cerys said in 2020 that she has no regrets about it, telling Entertainment Daily: “You only live once.”

Mark Wright and Emily Scott

via ITV

During their time in the jungle in 2011, Mark Wright and Emily Scott grew close and appeared to have some real chemistry, even exchanging topless massages. However, the two did not pursue a relationship on the outside and instead Mark met Michelle Keegan a year later who he went on to marry in 2015.

Joey Essex and Amy Willerton

I'm A Celeb romances

via ITV

TOWIE royalty Joey Essex and Miss Universe Amy Willerton got extremely close, extremely fast when they were in the jungle in 2013 and the public lapped it up. The couple dated for a short time after the show ended but ultimately it didn’t work out, with Amy telling the Daily Star at the time that she struggled having a relationship in the public eye. Amy now lives in Ibiza with her daughter who she shares with ex-fiancé.

Ferne McCann and George Shelley

I'm A Celeb romances

via ITV

The sexual tension and insistent flirting between Ferne McCann and George Shelley in the Australian jungle really was the highlight of the 2015 series of the show. The pair dated once home in the UK but their relationship quickly turned into more of a friendship.

Spencer Matthews and Vicky Pattison

I'm A Celeb romances

via ITV

Despite being in the jungle for only a meagre three days in 2015, Spencer Matthews and Vicky Pattinson quickly hit it off. The unlikely pair briefly dated after Vicky won the show and even went on holiday together before ending things. Spencer told Heat: “Vicky and I have enjoyed several lovely dates and went to Monaco together. We get along famously and as a result of that we have decided to be very good friends.”

For all the latest reality TV and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook

Pete Wicks is right, we should embrace Sam Thompson’s golden retriever energy

• Ranked: The stonking huge net worths of the I’m A Celeb 2023 campmates

• Ranked: These are officially the highest paid I’m A Celeb stars of all time

Featured images via ITV.