Celebs Gilmore Girls

From Twilight to Glee: All the celebs you forgot began their careers in Gilmore Girls

Not the High School Musical and Gilmore Girls crossover

Gilmore Girls has an absolutely huge cast of celebs. When the show began in 2000, it introduced the world to lots of famous names including launching the career of Alexis Bledel whose role as Rory Gilmore was her acting debut and most notably Melissa McCarthy.

However, the show didn’t just kick-start the careers of the main cast members, it was also the starting job of many famous names. Whether it was a one-off appearance or they were a series regular, a number of mega-famous actors began their careers by playing your favourite Stars Hollow residents. We’ve got crossovers from Glee, One Tree Hill, High School Musical and even Twilight.

So here are all the famous celebs who started their careers on Gilmore Girls:

Melissa McCarthy

Via Netflix

Definitely the most famous actress to come out of the show, Melissa McCarthy played probably one of the best characters, Sookie St James. She had a couple of minor roles before Gilmore Girls but her role as chef and Lorelai’s best friend is what launched her major acting career. Since Gilmore Girls, she’s had loads of major roles including Bridesmaids, Spy, Tammy, Ghostbusters, The Little Mermaid live action remake, Identity Thief, The Hangover and The Heat.

Chad Michael Murray

Via Netflix

We were absolutely robbed of having everyone’s childhood crush in Gilmore Girls for longer than we did. But Chad Michael Murray’s first recurring TV role was on Gilmore Girls as Tristan Dugray. Tristan was the one everyone had a crush on at Chilton and he had a huge crush on Rory which led to him picking a fight with Dean. But sadly he left for military school at the start of season two. After Gilmore Girls, Chad Michael Murray went onto star in Freaky Friday, A Cinderella Story and One Tree Hill.

Billy Burke

Celebs Gilmore Girls

Via Netflix

Not a Gilmore Girls and Twilight crossover! Billy Burke, probably best known for playing Bella’s dad Charlie Swan in Twilight starred in season three of Gilmore Girls. This was one of his very first acting roles. He plays Alex Lesman who dates Lorelai for a short time.

Rami Malek

Celebs Gilmore Girls

Via Netflix

Rami Malek, who played Freddie Mercury in Bohemian Rhapsody and starred in Oppenheimer, Night at the Museum and the Bond Film No Time to Die, starred in season four of Gilmore Girls. His very first acting credit was as Andy, a member of Lane’s study group.

Jane Lynch

Celebs Gilmore Girls

Via Netflix

Jane Lynch, probably best known for playing the iconic Sue Sylvester in Glee, played a nurse who clashed with Emily when Richard was in the hospital in season one of Gilmore Girls. She would go on to star in Glee nine years later.

Monique Coleman

Celebs Gilmore Girls

Via Netflix

Two years before playing Gabriella’s best friend Taylor McKessie in High School Musical, Monique Coleman’s first role was as Andy, a Yale student who worked at the Yale Daily News in season four of the show. Monique Coleman starred in all three High School Musical films and has carried on acting in a number of Disney films since.

Victoria Justice

Celebs Gilmore Girls

Via Netflix

In probably one of the most random appearances, Victorious star Victoria Justice started her career as a girl at a birthday party that Lorelai and Sookie cater for in season four. She got the role of Lola Martinez in Zoey 101 two years later and then starred in Victorious from 2010-2013.

Arielle Kebbel

Celebs Gilmore Girls

Via Netflix

Dean’s girlfriend and eventual wife Lindsay was played by Arielle Kebbel. She had a couple of small TV appearances beforehand but Gilmore Girls was her first major acting role. A year later she played Carrie in John Tucker Must Die and then Aquamarine before starring in The Vampire Diaries in 2009.

Featured images via Netflix. 

Gilmore Girls is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.