Brad kicked off Married at First Sight UK following ‘controlling’ behaviour towards Shona

Bosses ‘stepped in before the situation got out of hand’

Brad Skelly has been kicked off Married at First Sight UK 2023 following “controlling” behaviour towards wife Shona Manderson.

In scenes yet to air on the show, the couple was asked to leave following his behaviour escalating. Channel 4 has confirmed the news, saying the relationship was “deemed unhealthy”.

On the show last week, Brad was accused of being controlling towards his new wife, when he told her to “shut up” during the commitment ceremony, and branded her emotionally immature. He also spoke of “allowing” Shona to be upset, comments which sparked a response from women’s charity, Women’s Aid.

It’s now been said his behaviour got to the point where bosses of the show decided they had no other option than to remove the couple from the experiment.

A show source told The Sun:  “The relationship with Shona was getting toxic. Bosses stepped in before the situation got out of hand.” In emotional scenes still to be seen, dating expert Paul Carrick Brunson tells Brad and Shona that they have to leave.

Brad kicked off Married at First Sight UK 2023 after behaviour towards Shona

via E4

A Channel 4 spokesman said: “If any relationships on MAFS UK develop in a way that is deemed unhealthy we take expert advice as to whether the couple should leave the process. This was the case with Brad and Shona. Support is available at all times.”

Teresa Parker, head of media at Women’s Aid, previously said: “It is really important that the experts on the show called this out as controlling behaviour and challenged Brad’s view that it was acceptable to say that he had the right to ‘allow’ Shona to be angry.

“TV programmes like these, which are based on the formation of relationships, need to be aware of the dynamics of controlling and coercive behaviour, and always send a clear message that it is wholly unacceptable.”

For all the latest MAFS news, scandals, gossip and updates – like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook