Boiling Point TV

Everything we know about BBC’s Boiling Point, the four-part TV sequel to the film

I am so ready for the TV event of the year

I think I watched Boiling Point, Philip Barantini’s 2021 film that redefined the word stress, in the best way humanly possible. At the time, I was living in Dalston and I watched the film in Dalston’s amazing independent Rio Cinema. What I didn’t know before going is that Boiling Point was filmed about 10 metres away from the Rio, in a chic East London restaurant. Watching the film so in the setting brought an extra level of realism to a film already extremely realistic. Filmed in real time to a near claustrophobic extent, Boiling Point was a tight, slick, harrowing ride. The joy, then, that it’s back via a BBC four part series – created by Barantini, Mounia Akl and Stephen Graham. Here’s all your need to know about Boiling Point, the TV show.

What’s it actually about?

Boiling Point the film centred on a stressful night from hell at a busy London restaurant, where things fell apart and didn’t stop falling until tragedy struck. The TV show will follow on from the story and BBC have confirmed it will air on BBC One and iPlayer later in 2023.

Via BBC

Without saying too much, the film ended on a cliffhanger – but it has been confirmed that Stephen Graham’s character will be in the show. So make of that what you will.

The official synopsis via BBC press is this. “Eight months after her mentor Andy Jones (Stephen Graham) suffered a heart attack, head chef Carly (Vinette Robinson) is battling to forge a name for new Dalston restaurant Point North alongside her old kitchen crew. We follow the team as the stresses of keeping the restaurant running bear down on them amidst a hospitality industry in crisis. With the pressure to draw in new, hungry customers and the financial squeeze to keep the business profitable, the team must find a way to manage their complicated personal lives whilst creating quality food day in, day out.”

Via BBC

The show has a load of the kitchen team from the film back, as well as newcomers like Steven Ogg and Shaun Fagan.

Boiling Point is streaming on Netflix now so you can rewatch before the TV show. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.