Drag Race UK five cast

Here they come! Meet the 10 queens in the cast of Drag Race UK season five

One queen has toured with Little Mix AND Dannii Minogue!

RuPaul’s Drag Race UK is BACK baby! And BBC have just announced the lineup of sickening queens who will be walking into the Werk Room this season to follow in the footsteps of drag royalty The Vivienne, Lawrence Chaney, Krystal Versace and Danny Beard to take the crown and title of the UK’s next drag superstar. As usual, it’s a cast of fierce competition as Ru has rounded up the biggest names in drag from across the UK to keep us guessing over who’s going to win it all. So let’s meet them shall we? Here’s all the queens in the cast of Drag Race UK season five!

Alexis Saint Pete, 28, London

Drag Race UK five cast

Via BBC

Alexis Saint Pete is the Polish princess of Drag Race UK season five, joining the cast from London but via Poland. She calls herself the Polish Billy Elliott and is trained in ballet.

Banksie, 23, Manchester

Drag Race UK five cast

Via BBC

Banksie claims to be the tallest queen in the entire history of the Drag Race franchise, all seven foot of her! She’s obsessed with fashion and takes her inspiration from the likes of Westwood and Mugler, with her name being a pun on her surname out of drags and a reference to guerrilla artist Banksy. She’s also from the same drag family as last year’s second place queen Cheddar Gorgeous!

Cara Melle, 26, London

Drag Race UK five cast

Via BBC

Cara Melle is originally from Atlanta, Georgia – Nicole Paige Brooks territory. She’s been in London for seven years. She describes her drag in five words as “sexual goddess amongst mere mortals”, which gagged me a bit, fair play. She’s on the show to represent black trans women and she’s gonna slay it.

DeDeLicious, 20, Kent

Drag Race UK five cast

Via BBC

DeDeLicious might only be 20, but she’s been doing drag since she was 16 and describes her style as polished, gargantuan and big-boobed. She’s childhood best friends with winner of season three Krystal Versace – so no pressure there then!

Ginger Johnson, 34, County Durham

Drag Race UK five cast

Via BBC

Next up in the Drag Race UK cast of season five is Ginger Johnson, who I’ve seen live and is an icon. She’s been doing drag for a hefty 15 years, and is a seasoned comedy queen who says she’s in the show to make RuPaul laugh and to be a “helium balloon shaped” ball of chaos.

Kate Butch, 26, Derbyshire

Via BBC

I’m quaking a bit writing this because I’ve been at house parties with Kate Butch, so I’m officially acquaintances with a Ru girl. Gorgeous stuff, and the best name in the cast for my money. What a pun. “I’m a stand-up comedian, live singer, hostess, compere, and podcast host, to name but a few of my drag roles, but really I am a theatre and performance queen at heart. I would describe my drag style as “Hollywood starlet with a migraine”- I love a bright clashing pattern with an hourglass silhouette.”

Michael Marouli, 39, Newcastle Upon Tyne

Via BBC

Cheryl is quaking, because Michael Marouli is our new Geordie tart with a heart. “I was born and raised in Newcastle, but I’ve lived and performed in Gran Canaria for the past 17 years. Gran Canaria has a huge drag scene. Everybody comes from all over the world. It’s bright, it’s colourful, we party and we celebrate. It’s just fabulous.”

Miss Naomi Carter, 23, Doncaster

Via BBC

Our little Donny Soldier Naomi Carter is next to join the Drag Race UK season five cast. She’s been doing drag for five years, and when explaining her name she says “Well, ‘Naomi’ comes from the absolute icon that is supermodel Naomi Campbell; ‘Carter’ for the absolute icon that is Beyoncé Carter and the ‘Miss’ is to let the boys know that I’m single!”

Tomara Thomas, 25, Hartlepool

Via BBC

Tomara Thomas is from Hartlepool, and has been dabbling in drag since she was 14. She’s known for her dancing skills, saying “I’m a dancing diva and you’re gonna be buying what I’m selling! There’s going to be high kicks and splits and a lot of dancing. I do all of the brunches, all the evening shows, because I’m a showgirl and my energy is infinite. Come on!”

Vicki Vivacious, 36, Cornwall

Via BBC

“I’ve been doing drag for 15 years. I know that’s crazy, because I’m only 18. I fell into drag through my love of musical theatre. I moved from Cornwall to London to go to drama school and this is what happens when you get government funding and a scholarship!” Vicki has a hefty CV, she’s toured with Little Mix and Dannii Minogue! Will the other queens be nervous to see her?

Enjoyed meeting the Drag Race UK cast of season five? For all the latest reality TV and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook