Format changes and leaked cast members: Here’s everything we know about MAFS Australia 2024

A sixth participant has just been leaked!

Married at First Sight Australia 2024 is currently filming down under at the moment and information about the upcoming series is being leaked left, right and centre. It’s only been four months since the 2023 season ended and honestly, I’m still trying to get over it.

Next year’s season is set to be more explosive than ever, with a major format change up not seen before. While cast members are being leaked and insiders have been sharing gossip about the upcoming experiment, here’s everything you need to know about MAFS Australia 2024.

Six cast members have been leaked so far

Since filming for the 2024 series was announced, several cast members have been leaked online and you may recognise one of them already.

According to Daily Mail Australia, Mitch Eynaud’s brother, Jayden, will be joining the show and has already filmed his backstory and has been spotted being “surrounded by cameras” at his local gym. Sources close to Jayden say he is “stoked and excited” to be a part of the show.

Influencer Cassandra Allen is said to be joining the show and she already has over 10,000 followers on Instagram. Not much is known about her at the moment given her Instagram profile is set to private.

Former AFL WAG Lauren Dunn is said be joining the show and she recently dated AFL player Ryan Crowley. Lauren runs her own PR agency and is also a big foodie.

So Dramatic! revealed that Ben Walters was in talks with producers of MAFS Australia after being dumped from the upcoming season of The Bachelors. It has been reported he was spotted filming in July and is said to be friends with former bride Lizzie Sobinoff.

Following snaps being taken of a wedding for the show, Daily Mail were able to reveal personal trainer Jack Dunkley as a groom for the upcoming series. Further pictures also showed Tori Adams “marrying” Jack Dunkley in a ceremony for the show.

The location for their ceremony was at Swifts, a $60 million heritage-listed gothic mansion in Sydney.

There will be the first gay couple to do the experiment since marriage equality laws were passed in 2017

Married at First Sight Australia 2024 will reportedly feature another same-sex couple. Two men will be taking part in the experiment for the first time since amendments were made to the Marriage Act in 2017.

The amendments allowed same-sex couples to marry just as heterosexual couples are allowed to do in Australia.

An insider told Daily Mail Australia: “We’re not just adding diversity for the sake of it, but to genuinely represent the many colours of love.”

Both of the participants may not necessarily identify as male, and the source claims “it wouldn’t be out of the question” to have a non-binary, gender-fluid or transgender contestant.

“The show is meant to represent modern-day Australia, and producers are making a real effort to do that this time round rather than just having another cast full of cis-gendered, heterosexual participants.”

The show had previously featured the first same-sex couple in 2016, however after filming one of the grooms said he was suffering from PTSD after the show and the other groom was “binge drinking all-round”.

Relationship expert Mel Schilling said there were “great lessons to be and helping people “genuinely find love” is the top priority of the show.

“We didn’t want to simply match people based on sexual orientation,” she told Metro. In 2019, a Nine spokesperson said they didn’t want to  feature a same-sex couple “just for the sake of appearances”.

There will be some major changes to the MAFS Australia format

MAFS Australia 2024

via Nine Network Australia

MAFS Australia 2024 is having a load for format changes to please viewers who are fed up of “repetitive” storylines.

An insider told Yahoo Lifestyle that while the cast will feature influencers, there will be a “better balance between controversial participants there to stir drama and the ones genuinely looking for love.”

The source told the publication producers plans on “freshening” up the storylines, moving away from the usual cheating scandals and angry family members.

“Producers want a more diverse cast that will cover a wider range of social issues, sexualities and genders than previous seasons,” the insider claimed.

“Last season there were a lot of complaints from fans that storylines felt recycled from other seasons, so this time they’ll be freshening it up.”

For all the latest Married at First Sight Australia news and gossip, like the MAFS Australia 2024 cast members, like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook.