Maisie Smith Khloe Kardashian

A deep dive into how the hell Khloe Kardashian and Maisie Smith know each other

Never forget when Maisie called Khloe ‘chicken’

In a crossover absolutely no one saw coming, Khloe Kardashian and Maisie Smith are friends?! The pair have been commenting on each other’s Instagram posts for a while now and no one can fathom how these two ever crossed paths.

Sure, they’re both public figures and it is no secret British and American influencers would cross paths but this crossover in particular has a lot of people scratching their heads. Maisie Smith was first introduced to the British public way back in 2008 after originating the role of Tiffany Butcher on EastEnders and has since become hugely popular on TikTok and Instagram.

Khloe Kardashian has been a fixture on American television since 2007 as part of the Keeping Up With the Kardashians crew and has gone on to be part of one of the most famous families in the world. So just how did these two meet and strike up a friendship?

Here’s everything we know about the friendship between Khloe Kardashian and Maisie Smith.

December 2020

This all started three years ago in December 2020 when Khloe commented on a picture of Maisie Smith being papped.

“You have the most beautiful legs!” Khloe commented. “Envy worthy! I cannot built my legs for the life of me! So I’m drooling over yours. You are gorgeous!”

Maisie admitted she was “very insecure” about her legs and stepped out in gym shorts for the first time in a while when the photo was taken.

“I wore gym shorts (out of the house) for the first time a couple of months ago and I was so, so proud of myself. I wish I could say I love my body but I’m still working on that,” Maisie said.

When Maisie saw Khloe comment, it’s safe to say she couldn’t believe it.

“I still can’t believe she even saw that post let alone commented on it. It was mental! It was incredible because women supporting women, I stand for it and she’s had a lot of support from that as well,” Maisie said, talking about the Instagram comment.

“People in the public eye, especially that famous, for her to just go around and comment on young women’s photos giving them support, that’s really lovely. It did mean a lot to me that she went out of her way and to sit here and say that she thought I was beautiful. It mean a lot.”

Maisie had everyone in bits when she responded to Khloe and said: “Thanks chicken x”. A multiverse of madness no one saw coming.

Khloe sung Maisie’s praises further in a Tweet when one of her followers asked how she knew the former EastEnders star.

“I don’t know her But that doesn’t mean that we can’t uplift one another,” she responded to the follower.

“I would never in my life take my time to post something negative about anyone. I will take my time to make someone smile. Spread love/positivity. She was insecure about her beautiful body, I wanted her to not be.”

July 2023

The internet has gone into haywire yet again as the pair shared moment on Instagram. Maisie posted a photo of herself marking her 22nd birthday and the Kardashian icon sent her well wishes.

“Happy birthday queen!” Khloe commented on Maisie’s Instagram. “My leg inspiration! Blessings to you gorgeous!”

Maisie replied: “Will spot your squats any time girl. Thanks again x Chick x”

For all the latest reality TV and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook