Love Island beige flag

A relationship expert has revealed all the beige flags the Love Island 2023 cast have

Mehdi’s beige flag is that he wants to live in Mayfair loool

The Love Island 2023 cast have been waving some pretty beige flags while on the show and despite them not being relationship dealbreakers, it’s important to note.

Whether it be leaving your phone on loud every night because you’re scared your alarm won’t go off or not asking key information about gossip, a beige flag is something you’ll notice in a relationship but may not be a reason for a breakup.

So, what are the beige flags of the Love Island 2023 contestants? Heart Bingo’s relationship expert and co-founder of So Syncd, Louella Alderson, has revealed what she reckons the beige flags of this year’s cohort of Islanders are.

Catherine – She gets no screen time

Love Island beige flag

via ITV

Louella believes Catherine’s beige flag is that she doesn’t get as much screen time as the other Islanders, suggesting she just isn’t interesting enough.

“This could be a sign that she isn’t seen as interesting as the others, or it could mean she’s keeping out of the drama and trying to stay above the fray,” Louella explained. “Either way, her lack of screen time may be a beige flag for some viewers.”

Scott – He calls girls ‘bubbly’

Love Island beige flag

via ITV

Scott’s downfall could be down to how describes all the female contestants. Louella picked up on Scott always calling the girls “bubbly”, which has become unoriginal.

“It may also suggest that he’s not taking the time to get to know the girls as individuals, which could be considered shallow,” she explained.

“It’s time for Scott to find some new words to describe the girls and look beyond their ‘bubbly’ energy.”

Mitchel – He doesn’t realise when he is being friend zoned

Love Island beige flag

via ITV

I think we can all agree on this one. Louella reckons Mitchel’s beige flag is that he doesn’t realise when he is being friend zoned and honestly, she’s right.

“Mitchel is often oblivious to when he’s being friend-zoned by the girls. He misses the signs and continues to make an effort to get closer to them, even when it’s obvious that they aren’t interested,” the So Syncd co-founder explained.

“It might be beneficial for Mitchel to take a step back at times and assess the situations more objectively.”

Jess – She cries when people call her out

Love Island beige flag

via ITV

“Jess has a habit of crying when people call her out of things,” Louella said, suggesting it could be a sign that “she cares deeply and is sensitive to criticism”.

The relationship expert continued: “However, it could also suggest that she may not be able to handle difficult conversations without getting defensive and storming off.”

Sammy – He is more of a red flag

Love Island beige flag

via ITV

Louella Alderson did not hold back when it came to her verdict on Sammy, who waves more of a red flag than anything. The relationship expert said the former project manager is “a walking red flag”.

She explained: “From his defensive behaviour to the way he uses the female contestants to stay on the show, there are very few ‘beige’ qualities about him. It didn’t take long for the flaws in his personality to become apparent, and the female contestants are better off nowhere near him.”

Whitney – She is always giggling

Love Island beige flag

via ITV

Whitney became the best Islander of season 10 the moment she stepped into the villa and said her witty one liners. However her giggling, that has caught a lot of Islanders and viewers off guard, could be her beige flag.

Louella said: “Whitney has a great sense of humour and is always laughing and giggling. While this can be endearing, it can also make her seem immature and even a little naïve. People who take relationships seriously, like Mehdi, may not appreciate her constantly giggling throughout all kinds of conversations.”

Mehdi – He wants to live in Mayfair

via ITV

I mean, fair enough. Louella said that Mehdi’s beige flag is that he wants to move to Mehdi which although can be seen as aspirational, it could suggest he is “chasing a certain type of lifestyle”. Yikes!

Ella – She is grumpy

via ITV

Ella’s downfall in the villa could all be down to her being grumpy. While she isn’t afraid to show her emotions, she has a tendency to “get mood and short-tempered quickly”, according to Louella.

“She tends to get moody and short-tempered quickly when things don’t go her way or when she’s feeling overwhelmed. As a result, she may come off as too confrontational for some people,” Louella explained.

Tyrique – He is always smiling when he is arguing

via ITV

No matter what Tyrique is doing, he’s smiling. Although that may seem good, he often does it when arguing or discussing serious topics.

“It can come across as insincere and disingenuous – like he’s not taking the conversation seriously,” Louella explained.

“This might make some people uncomfortable and put them off. Tyrique could benefit from showing more authentic emotion in his conversations if he wants to make real connections.”

Leah – She doesn’t show her personality

via ITV

Louella acknowledged that Leah is one of the quieter contestants and her lowkey attitude could. be both a positive and a negative.

The relationship expert explained: “On the one hand, it seems that she is more easygoing than a lot of the other contestants. On the other hand, it also means that she isn’t always as entertaining to watch as a viewer of the show.”

Zach – He laps up the attention from the girls

via ITV

Zach’s beige flag is that he “loves the attention get gets from the female contestants besides Molly”. Oop!

Louella explained: “He might not fully engage in their advances, but he enjoys that they’ve been choosing to get with him in the challenges. While this isn’t necessarily a dealbreaker, it may be suggestive of what’s to come. Some viewers may find Zach’s behaviour to be beige and a bit off-putting.”

Love Island 2023 is on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.