Scott Paige Thorne Love Island

Okay, here’s how Love Island 2023 bombshell Scott apparently knows Paige Thorne

He just took Jess on a date!

Scott van-der-Sluis is Love Island 2023’s latest bombshell and reportedly used to date with 2022 Islander Paige Thorne.

The footballer, who hails from Wales, entered the villa last night and took icon Jess on a date but everyone on Twitter began saying Scott was Paige’s fiancé who left her before she went on Love Island, but that isn’t entirely the case.

via ITV

Back in November 2022, Paige revealed she originally signed up to Love Island to make her ex-fiancé jealous after he dumped her by text. Speaking to Vicky Pattison on her podcast, Paige said: “The real reason I went on Love Island is the pettiest reason you’ve ever heard Vick, you’re going to cry.

“I’ll give you the brief version, I was in an 18-month relationship with this guy, it was a Tinder date and ended up in an engagement right Anyway, he texted me one day like, ‘I’m breaking up with you’ out of the blue and I was like, ‘ok’, we’re meant to be getting married but whatever.”

She continued: I was heartbroken and, when I say heartbroken, I went down to seven stone like, I was depressed. And then I found out he was on Tinder within like a week and I was like you little sh*t. Right, if you can do Tinder, well guess what? I can do Love Island then. So, f**k off. And that’s what I did.”

However, this mystery ex-fiancé isn’t Scott like some viewers believe, but the pair apparently did date for a little bit.

“It wasn’t serious with Paige and Scott but they had a great few months together. They met out on the party scene as Paige knows lots of footballers. It didn’t end for any reason in particular, just one of those things. They were both young and not looking for anything serious,” a source told The Sun.

Scott, who was a goalkeeper for an Irish football team, said he had been enjoying his time being single. Ahead of his appearance in the villa, Scott said: “I’ve been single through my own choice, as well as circumstances. I’ve moved around a lot with football and I’ve been based in Dublin playing football for over a year.

“I’ve been single for three and a half years so it’s been a while so I’m ready and open to anything. I like a girl with a strong personality, who is independent and knows what they want.”

Love Island 2023 is on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.