Ranked: Who from Love Island 2023 had the most followers when they entered the villa?

A few were pretty much influencers already

This series is another where Islanders find themselves handing over their phones with nobody to keep up their Instagrams. Awful. Last year, this hugely affected follower counts of the Islanders, who then couldn’t make as much money from brand deals after being on the show.

So, did any of the Islanders from this year have a bit of cushion of followers already built up before the show had begun? Here’s a ranking of those from the cast of Love Island 2023 who had the most Instagram followers when they first entered the villa.

Scott – 3.9k

Love Island 2023 cast with most Instagram followers before the villa

via Instagram @scottvds17

Kicking off the ranking is Scott, who when he was announced as a new bombshell had 3.9k followers on his Instagram. The footballer is 22, and from Wales.

Catherine – 4.7k

via Instagram @catherine_agbaje

Catherine also had a decent following before the show. The estate agent’s feed is a big vibe, mainly full of gorgy outfit pics and selfies.

Ella – 5.8k

via Instagram @ellathomas_

Ella was an award winning model before Love Island, so it’s no surprise she had a bit of a following before the show. She had 5.8k on Instagram before villa life.

Tyrique – 8.8k

via Instagram @tyriquehyde

Footballer Tyrique had nearly 9k followers before the show. He only has 26 posts, but he is mates with Toby from 2021 who comments on his pictures all the time.

Leah – 21.8k

via Instagram @leahjtaylorr

Leah was a bit of a name already, with Islander connections in all the right places. She had over 20k followers as she was announced as part of Love Island 2023. If you imagine your perfect Islander-come-influencer feed, that’s what Leah has. It’s all nude walls, bikini pics, selfies and holidays.

Jess – 25.3k

via Instagram @jesshardingox

Go off Jess?! The queen of telling it how it is in the villa had over 25k followers when she was announced as part of the cast. It’s what she deserves!

Molly – 26k

via Instagram @mollygracemarsh

Surprise surprise! The Islander who had the most followers when they entered the Love Island 2023 villa was Molly Marsh. The content creator and musical theatre girlie already had a strong 26k on Instagram, and notably, a further 650k on TikTok.

Love Island 2023 is on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.