The Mother cast

The Mother is Netflix’s new action-packed thriller, here’s where you recognise the cast from

Alexa, play Ain’t Your Mama by Jennifer Lopez

The Mother is Netflix’s latest adventure movie featuring none other than Jennifer Lopez. The movie follows Jennifer’s character who comes out of hiding to protect her daughter from criminals. It has ann all-star cast and if the trailer is anything to go by, it is going to dominate on the Netflix top 10.

The cast is full of famous faces you know you’ve seen before but can’t quite place your finger on, so here are all the movies and TV shows you recognise the cast of Netflix’s The Mother from.

Jennifer Lopez – The Mother

Jennifer Lopez as part of The Mother cast

via Netflix

Jennifer Lopez stars as the titular character, a deadly assassin who has come out of hiding to protect her daughter who she gave up years before who has been kidnapped. The list is never ending when it comes to places you recognise Jennifer Lopez from because the woman has always been booked and busy.

Just a few of Jennifer’s most popular films include Maid in Manhattan, Hustlers and Selena. More recently she has starred in Marry Me, Shotgun Wedding and The Boy Next Door.

Lucy Paez – Zoe

Lucy Paez as part of The Mother cast

via Netflix

Zoe is the Mother’s daughter who has been kidnapped and is played by 15-year-old Lucy Paez. Before starring in The Mother, Lucy appeared in Silencio and The Exorcism of Carmen Farias.

Lucy has spoken about her time filming with Jennifer Lopez and said they bonded on set. “She was very protective of me and I felt like I could talk to her about anything. She would talk to me in a mentor-best friend-motherly way,” Lucy told Netflix’s Tudum.

Omari Hardwick – William

Omari Hardwick as part of The Mother cast

via Netflix

Whoever hired Omari Hardwick deserves a raise because that man can ACT. Omari stars as FBI agent William Cruise in The Mother. Viewers will probably recognise Omari most for his role as James ‘Ghost’ St Patrick in Power. He has also appeared in Nobody’s Fool, Army of the Dead and Pieces of Her.

Gael García Bernal – Hector

via Netflix

Arms dealer Hector Álvarez is played by Gael Bernal in The Mother on Netflix. The actor is best known for his roles in The Motorcycle Diaries, Y Tu Mamá También and Letters to Juliet.

He has also appeared in a number of TV shows including Station Eleven, Mozart in the Jungle and Marvel’s Werewolf by Night.

Joseph Fiennes – Adrian

via Netflix

Joseph Fiennes stars as the British arms dealer Adrian Lovell who is also the Mother’s military mentor. And yes, Voldemort is his brother.

Viewers may recognise Joseph for his roles in Shakespeare in Love, The Handmaid’s Tale and Risen.

Joseph has said working with Jennifer Lopez was “quite intense”. “She has an extraordinary work ethic, so she is prepared like no one else. So it was quite intense, to say the least. But she’s a wonderful person and so warm and affable and funny and generous,” he told Coming Soon.

Paul Raci – Jons

via Netflix

Jons is the Mother’s former comrade who helps her start a new life in Alaska and is played by Paul Raci. The American actor has starred in a number of major films including Sound of Metal, Rent-a-Cop and The Glimmer Man.

The Mother is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.