Drag Race Reddit employee

A Reddit user’s claiming to be a fired WoW employee and is spilling big Drag Race secrets

Three queens are allegedly banned from ever returning?

Erm, big drama ahead: Someone on Reddit is claiming to be an employee of World of Wonder (production company behind RuPaul’s Drag Race) and is ruffling major feathers after hosting an ‘ask me anything’, where they’ve spilled explosive secrets – if all is to be believed. Anyone can be whatever they want on Reddit, but this huge thread has turned heads in the Drag Race fandom  because if what the employee is claiming is true… Well, in the words of Alyssa Edwards, “it was riggamorris girl!”

The Reddit thread

In a thread now locked for no more editing on r/dragrace, user Calm-Tart-5517 posted “I was just FIRED from World of Wonder after 10+ loyal years. Ask me anything.”

They then continued “World of Wonder is so ungrateful for all the work I’ve done for them. Ask me anything and I’ll try to answer the best I can. Be mindful that even production has to sign NDA but I will answer your questions to the best of my ability.”

As you’d expect, fans went in on this even if no one is fully sure if they believe it or the original poster, but after I’ve scoured the now-locked thread here are the most interesting highlights to come out of it. Please take all of this with a pinch of salt – even if some things sound very believable from a ‘making good reality TV’ production standpoint.

Via World of Wonder

Jaida Essence Hall defied production plans

The OP claims the production have a certain idea for queens they want to get to the final, and a fan asked if any queen defied the original plans. The OP then says Jaida Essence Hall did so in her entire run of Drag Race.

Valentina was planned to go further in both her seasons

Just that was said, really – but very interesting.

Sasha Colby wasn’t intended to win, but she was too good not to

When asked what winners won solely from being good at Drag Race, the alleged former WoW employee on Reddit said most recent winner Sasha Colby was such. They also say Sasha Velour was never intended to win on season nine, but production were fine with it because of how iconic Sasha Velour’s rose petal moment was.

There’s allegedly a drag king cast on season 16

If this is true, it’s about time – in the words of Sarah Harding!

Three queens are 100 per cent ‘banned’ from returning

These three queens according to the thread are Tyra, Sharon Needles and Sherry Pie.

Most will be shocked to see Willam not mentioned because she infamously has beef with RuPaul, but according to the thread WoW think it would be a bit of a gag if Willam did an All Stars season one day.

Via World of Wonder

Four queens from season 15 were apparently scouted

Sugar, Spice, Sasha Colby and Luxx were allegedly all scouted for season 15 – and the Reddit user claiming to be a former Drag Race employee explains this could be either invited to audition or an outright invitation to compete.

Peppermint has been asked back for All Stars ‘multiple times’

COME ON PEPPERMINT SAY YES!

The top two of season 15 was allegedly different

It was allegedly meant to be Sasha and Mistress Isabelle Brooks instead of Anetra!

There are plans to cast a Dragula monster on season 16!

With the drag king rumour already circulating in the thread, fans are theorising this could be Landon Cider!

Via BBC / World of Wonder

Pangina, Cheryl Hole and Janey Jacké were allegedly all asked back for All Stars 8

Cheryl apparently said no because she was worried she’d be a joke again with all the laughs around ‘another week of me doing mediocre’.

All Stars 8 is going to be amazing

The employee was asked how All Stars 8 is going to be received – the Reddit user claiming to be the Drag Race employee just replied “my favourite season.” HYPED.

Of course, all this should be taken lightly since we’ve got no way to confirm if it’s actually an employee from World of Wonder who worked on Drag Race or not – and the fandom is split on how accurate all of this tea is. Still, makes for a fascinating read and with all the teasers about upcoming seasons its hard not to feel the excitement for what’s to come with All Stars 8 and beyond!

RuPaul’s Drag Race streams exclusively in the UK on the streamer of all things drag, WOW Presents Plus. Subscribe here.

For all the latest reality TV news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.