Netflix is said to be considering replacing Vanessa and Nick as Love Is Blind hosts

Lauren and Cameron are apparently in the running to take over!

Netflix is actually considering replacing Vanessa and Nick Lachey as hosts of Love Is Blind, according to reports. This comes as a petition to have them removed from the show now has over 40k signatures.

The MailOnline is reporting that following a “disaster” of a reunion show this season, Netflix is looking into its options for new hosts, and previous Love Is Blind success story Lauren and Cameron have been spoken about as a potential replacement for the current setup.

“There’s always been whispers about replacing them, especially now after the live reunion special which was a complete disaster on so many levels,” an insider who works on the show told the publication.  “If they want to keep ratings up, there’s got to be a change.”

The source added: “Viewers feel a connection with Lauren and Cameron because they are the real deal. They are down-to-earth, kind people who can actually help the contestants because they have walked in their shoes. People want to relate to the hosts – and at this point they can’t relate to Vanessa or Nick.”

Love Is Blind

via Instagram @cameronreidhamilton

Lauren and Cameron met in the first season of the show, were the first to get engaged, and later said “I do”. They’ve now been married for nearly five years, and their wedding anniversary is Lauren’s birthday.

In a savage turn of events, someone recently launched a full-on petition asking to have Nick and Vanessa Lachey removed from Love Is Blind for good. The petition – titled “Remove Nick and Vanessa Lachey as the hosts of Love is Blind” – currently sits at just over 40k signatures.

The page reads: “Love is Blind is a reality based TV show that allows couples to date and choose their partner without ever seeing them. The show has had a ton of success but has one large problem – the hosts Nick and Vanessa Lachey.

“From the initial season, the hosts felt pretty useless and out of place. They seem to be much more concerned with directing as much attention at themselves and their personal lives rather than focusing on the contestants that are actually participating in the experiment. Many enjoy the show but it’s being held back from its full potential with cringy Nick and Vanessa Lachey.”

And now, it looks as though Netflix is actually listening!

Netflix is yet to comment.

All four current seasons of Love Is Blind are available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.