Who is Alessandra Rampolla? The super glam intimacy expert on MAFS Australia

She’s been in the sexology field for over 20 years

Alessandra Rampolla joined the panel of Married at First Sight Australia experts in season eight and has been favourite amongst viewers ever since.

She offers her expertise on sex and intimacy, with some of her activities proving to be a success with the couples.

While we’re all fully acquainted with the couples, let’s take a closer look at who the experts are. Here is everything you need to know about MAFS Australia expert Alessandra Rampolla.

Alessandra is a certified clinical sexologist

Alessandra is incredibly skilled in her field and has a number of qualifications to back her up. She has over 20 years experience as a certified clinical sexologist, with a master’s degree in marriage and family therapy.

She originally began studying french literature at Loyola University in New Orleans before making the swap to marriage and family therapy.

Alongside her degree, Alessandra has qualifications  in sex education, clinical sexology, erotology, prevention of STIs and restructuring of sexual activities.

She was married for four years

Alessandra was previously married to John Hernandez. The couple got married in 2007 before filing for divorce in 2011.

It was reported their marriage broke down because Alessandra wanted to stay in Argentina to have a family but John wanted to go back to Puerto Rico to be closer to his family.

Alessandra has spoken candidly about her divorce, explaining it has helped her “to understand what some of these couples will go through”.

Reflecting on her marriage, Alessandra said: “I did everything possible for us to be happy together, and I don’t regret anything I did. There was no drama between us, we love each other and we are friends but at a certain point, life just took us on a different path.”

Alessandra has the cutest dog called Lola

Alessandra’s dog Lola is always making appearances on the sexologist’s Instagram stories and feed and she is adorable.

She even has an Instagram highlight dedicated to her dog called, Lola Milagros and it is full of videos of them having fun and adorable pictures of Lola.

She has been open about her weight loss journey over the years

In 2008, Alessandra underwent a gastric bypass and she spoken openly about the surgery and her weight loss journey.

In an interview with Woman’s Day in 2o21, Alessandra said: “It was such a transformation both physically and mentally.” The sexologist said her decision to have the surgery was down to looking after to health and not looks.

“I did it for my health, and at the time I was married and I was thinking about having kids and I had learned about the complications of trying for a baby with that extra weight, so I made a decision,” she explained.

Before MAFS Australia, Alessandra had been on a bunch of TV and radio shows

MAFS Australia wouldn’t be the first TV show Alessandra Rampolla has been on. She made her television debut on Univision and has gone on to host the radio programme A Calzon Quitao.

Her other TV shows include Sex Hospital, School For Husbands and she was a regular guest on Dr Phil.

For all the latest Married at First Sight Australia news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.