Bronte MAFS Australia

MAFS Australia’s Bronte is ‘struggling to cope’ after receiving abuse from viewers

Her close friend said Bronte is a ‘shell of herself’

Content warning: Mention of suicide and mental health struggles.

Married at First Sight Australia’s Bronte has been severely struggling with her mental health, according to sources close to the TV bride.

A close friend of Bronte told So Dramatic! the bride’s mental health has plummeted since starring on the show and was having panic attacks and suicidal thoughts. According to the source, Bronte had asked Married at First Sight producers for help and they sent her a number for a psychologist.

Bronte’s mental health struggled even more when she faced abuse and harassment from viewers of the show. The source said: “She’s a shell of herself at the moment. She’s not coping.”

via Instagram @_bronteschofield

In a text seen by So Dramatic!, Bronte told her friends she had been crying every day since the MAFS Australia episodes aired. The text read: “I am the worst I’ve ever been in my entire life. I cry myself to sleep every night and wake up crying almost every day. It’s unbearable. I am holding on by a thread. I’ve never felt this broken in my life.”

The heartbreaking messages from the MAFS Australia star come after Bronte made a public statement, defending her decision to stay with Harrison on Married at First Sight Australia. In the statement, Bronte said she had been called “fake, naive and stupid” while the episodes aired.

She wrote: “I wanted this to work for so many reasons that no one will ever know or understand. In reality, people’s opinions of me, are none of my business. I have learnt that people know your worth, they just hope you don’t, because the minute you realise your worth, you learn the difference between what you’re getting and what you deserve.”

For all the latest Married at First Sight Australia news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.