Tayla Rupert MAFS Australia

MAFS Australia’s Tayla and Rupert were spotted ‘secretly meeting’ at a hotel in Sydney

They were ‘married’ to different people on the show

It may or may not come as a surprise that Tayla and Rupert’s respective TV marriages didn’t work out after filming for Married at First Sight Australia stopped.

However, in a twist no one saw coming, the two “intruder” cast members were recently spotted secretly meeting one another in the early hours of the morning.

In photos taken by Daily Mail Australia, MAFS Australia stars Tayla and Rupert were spotted “returning to a hotel in Sydney’s Zetland in the early hours of the morning.”

“Tayla and Rupert seemed really comfortable with each other,” an onlooker claimed. “They were laughing and joking around, and it was clear that they have a strong connection.”

The pair were dressed in loungewear and according to Daily Mail Australia, as soon as they noticed the photographer, they “quickly distanced themselves.”

Tayla was in a couple with Hugo on Married at First Sight Australia and Rupert with Evelyn, but it has been widely reported that neither couple are still together. Rupert and Tayla’s meetup could likely be completely platonic as there was no hint that they had a connection on the show.

via Nine

Rupert was in a TV marriage with Evelyn on Married at First Sight Australia and despite making it to the final vows, they have since called it a day on their relationship. “I think our communication [style] is a lot different,” Rupert explained to 9Entertainment.

“It was just one of those things. Evelyn sometimes gets a little bit angry, and I’m just more chilled and a bit blasé. For me, I like to nip [things] in the bud and deal with it then and there. Go to bed happy as Larry, and wake up the next day feeling good.”

It’s safe to say Tayla and Hugo are no longer together too after their romance on the show, where they eventually decided to leave the experiment.

via Nine

The pictures have been taken days before Tayla and Rupert are set to star on the MAFS Australia reunion, which is already promised to be just as explosive as the series itself.

For all the latest Married at First Sight Australia news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.