There’s a new dark character in YOU season four part two – here’s why you recognise him

He was named dropped in part one as the ‘worst man alive’

It’s only been a month, but I know you’ve missed Joe Goldberg. New episodes have dropped on Netflix, and actor Greg Kinnear has joined the YOU season four part two cast, in a surprise addition to the show. 

He plays Kate’s dad, who we know from part one of this season is a very, very evil man. Kate has said many times she wants nothing to do with him, yet here he is!

Greg Kinnear plays Kate’s dad in YOU season four part two on Netflix

Greg Kinnear in YOU season four part two on Netflix

via Netflix

Greg Kinnear has joined the cast of YOU season four in part two, guest starring as Tom Lockwood – the father of Joe’s latest love obsession, Kate Galvin.

In previous episodes, Kate described her father as “the worst man alive” when explaining the dark and horrible ways he made his millions. He’s a corporate-raider, who made a profit of £400million after falsifying toxicity reports of multiple children, who all ended up getting cancer.

In the new episodes he shows up, much to Kate and Joe’s disgust. While Prof Jonathan Moore (or Joe as we all know him) is grappling with coming to terms with the true identity of the Eat the Rich killer, he’s keeping Kate safe from all outside forces of evil…including maybe even her own dad.

You definitely recognise Greg Kinnear from other roles 

Greg Kinnear in House of Cards, via Neflix

Greg Kinnear is most famous as being from House of Cards and You’ve Got Mail, as well as being nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in As Good as It Gets. He recently appeared in the Starz series Shining Vale and Apple TV+’s Black Bird. He also played Dr Benjamin Hobart in one episode of Friends.

On IMDb, Kinnear is listed as having 79 acting credits, as well as being a producer, writer and director for other films and TV shows.

YOU season four part two is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, quizzes, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.