Student assaulted whilst handing out flyers in Nottingham city centre

Nottinghamshire Police has released a photo of a man officers believe can help them with their investigation

On Monday 16th September just before 1pm, a student was assaulted in Nottingham city centre.

The student in question sustained facial injuries after the assault in broad daylight on Shakespeare Street. Officers say the 19-year-old was handing out flyers when he was confronted and assaulted.

There has now been a photo released of a man that officers believe can help them with their investigation.

PC Laurenie Haynes, of Nottinghamshire Police, said on social media: “This was an upsetting incident for the victim who was simply handing out flyers when he was confronted and assaulted.

“We are determined to track down the person responsible and believe the young man pictured in this image has information that will help our investigation. I urge him or anyone who knows him to come forward without delay.”

Nottinghamshire Police is urging anyone with information concerning the incident to call 101 and quote incident 816 of 21 September 2024.

Feature image via Nottinghamshire Police