Inside the Kinky Ken and Bondage Barbie party

It happened in the S&M house

We all remember the S&M/ M&S themed party in Jesmond that made headlines across the country on BBC News, Daily Mail, The Sun and Sky News.

Shortly after, the same house hosted another party. This time it was even better and the theme was “Kinky Ken and Bondage Barbie”.

Costumes included gagging balls, tight leather restraints and erotic whips. Some even donned strap on dildos.

Rooms were decorated with porn plastered all over the walls. Each room had a different DJ and a theme: Bondage Boogie, Red Room and Porn-Hub. There were also some ‘chill’ rooms: Barbie Dreamhouse and Tied-up Timeout, and 320 people attended.

Second year Monica, who was hosting the party, told The Tab: “We spent a week and a half decorating. It just added up so much- we spent at least £150 per room on decorations. We bought beer to sell at he tuck shop. Bouncers and DJs were like £300.”

The party, which was the most talked about party in Jesmond, had a strict entry policy of invited guests only.

If you didn’t make an effort to dress up you would have been the odd-one-out.

Second year Helen said: “We had a wonderful time, it was like no house party we’ve ever been to before. Shout-out to the blowup goat sex toy. Even the bouncer went home with someone. Slightly overwhelmed by the amount of sauciness.”

Fine Art attendee Kate said: “There was like so many rooms and the tuck shop sold lollipops.”

The music was provided by Continuous Groove, and there was even a tuck shop on the top floor. It sold a variety of products including beer and lollipops. It was manned by willing volunteers.

There were over 300 people invited on the Facebook event and the party started at 11:30pm.

Third year Tabby said: “So I came from a ball so didn’t have an outfit so just went in a bra. It was SO much fun and the disco room was my favourite. There were a lot of ball gags.”

Another reveller said: “When I turned up at first it really weird but I got into it. The main room was so sweaty.”

My experience – Elliot Lewis

I went to Ann Summers in my lunch break on the day of the party. I managed to buy a subtle face mask, red fluffy hand cuffs and a massive blow-up willy. That seemed to suit the theme.

We were instructed to enter the back door as the front door was strictly off limits. I can see why. The bouncers were checking IDs to ensure only people on the guest list were allowed in. In total 328 people were carefully selected to ensure there was a good diversity of characters.

The rooms were diligently decorated with careful thought going into the design. Images of vaginas, penises and porn were displayed in every inch of one room.

When our group first arrived it was kind of like: ‘What are we doing here?’ But we quickly got into it and things escalated very, very quickly.

Have you been to a better party than this? Let us know by emailing [email protected] or messaging our Facebook page.