You can now get the contraceptive pill delivered to your door

An app called Doctor Care Anywhere can even deliver the morning after pill

For years, getting the contraceptive pill has felt like a bit of a mission, but mobile app Doctor Care Anywhere is promising to change all that.

The technology means girls who are already on the pill can upload their health notes from their current GP and pick up right where they left off, receiving the pill by ordering repeat NHS prescriptions on the app from their NHS GP at home or monthly private prescriptions if needed to their preferred address, avoiding the awkward phone call home, when the repeat prescription service launches later this year.

Similarly, the app is revolutionising the way we can access emergency contraception and means the morning after pill could be delivered to anywhere from your bedroom to the gates of Glasto, or you could print off an e-prescription and take it to a pharmacist in Ayia Napa.

Pow

The subscription-based service can connect you with a UK-trained GP, 365 days a year between the hours of 8am and 10pm, meaning you can give them a call from your bed and have prescribed medication delivered to you within 24 hours, including the contraceptive pill.

The fact the service allows you to speak to a Doctor from anywhere in the world means the humiliating trip to a walk-in clinic or the grim experience of GP waiting room days are over, and seems to be providing a clear alternative for the maintenance of sexual health and beyond.

You could even have meds delivered to the gates of Glasto 

UCL second year Anna Reynolds said: “There are clear advantages for sexual health, but I’d imagine this is also an amazing facility for people struggling with mental health, as well as removing the need to register with a uni GP and all the faff that comes with that, it’ll be good for travelling this summer, too.”

The subscription costs £10 a month for unlimited appointments with the code STUDENT50 and is available on mobile or computer. You can find all the info you need here.