The Liverpool night bus is (finally!) making a comeback and we can’t wait

No more freezing on the Bombed-Out Church steps getting cancelled on by your Uber driver

The return of the N1 night bus is coming on Friday 8th December after a long campaign.

The Stagecoach service, which runs hourly from 12:30am until around 5am on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, was originally removed during the Covid-19 pandemic.

The Guild student officers spoke of the return of the service and their excitement of its return: “After the past 18 months of campaigning, lobbying and collaborating with the university and the Liverpool City Region Music Board we are thrilled that the night bus is back.

“We want to especially thank every student that has shared their feedback, signed a petition and previous Guild Officers who have worked on this campaign. The service is invaluable, offering a safe and affordable way for students to get home.

“We hope the trial service will continue as a regular timetable feature and be adopted by other providers and routes in the city.”

Tickets will cost £2 (much cheaper than a Saturday night Uber thankfully) and will connect the city centre, Wavertree, Mossley Hill and the Wirral.

Mayor of the Liverpool City Region Steve Rotherham said: “We’re about to enter the busiest time of the year for our visitor economy and, while we want everyone to have a great time celebrating in our region, we also want them to get home safely.

“We’ve worked closely with local campaigners, students, late night workers and our hospitality industry to bring back late bus services between Liverpool and the Wirral to make it safer, cheaper and easier for people to travel home – without having to cut the party short.

“This a massive result for local people, many who have been campaigning for this moment for three years. Following our decision to take back control of the region’s buses and move towards a franchised system, this is another positive step on the journey to putting the public back at the heart of public transport.”

Saving money, getting home safely, AND just in time for Christmas? What a treat.