A Reclaim the Night protest is taking place in Leeds this Saturday

The march will start from Woodhouse Moor and everyone is welcome

Hundreds of people are expected at the 44th annual Reclaim the Night (RTN) protest taking place this Saturday in Leeds.

The protest will begin with a march starting from the Queen Victoria statue in Woodhouse Moor at 9pm and will proceed through the city centre, finishing at the town hall at 10:50pm.

There will be speeches, spoken word and performances, before a minute of noise that will be followed by final speeches and statements.

Landmarks and locations passed on route include: the University of Leeds Parkinson Building, PRYZM, Trinity Leeds, Box Leeds and Manahatta.

The protest aims to raise awareness of gender-based violence and is in solidarity with the recent spikings in the city.

There will be a £1 (cash) night bus running after the march from Leeds University Union to help attendees get home safe.

RTN suggests that attendees bring water, snacks, fully charged phone, warm clothing, a mask, and most importantly their voices.

Reclaim the Night Leeds have stressed that the event is open to everyone, and always will be.