Search continues as Lancaster woman has been missing for five days

24-year-old Shannon Canning disappeared on May 19th

A Lancaster woman has been reported missing from home after disappearing on the 19th of May, 2023.

24-year-old Shannon Canning has been missing since the early hours of Friday morning.

Divers have now joined the search for Shannon, alongside the Lancaster Area Search and Rescue team and the Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service. Police searches are focusing in particular around the Ridge Estate.

Shannon is a member of the Lancaster community and works at popular bar, Tipple. Reports of her disappearance first surfaced this weekend and have since been shared across many Lancaster based social media accounts.

via @Tipple on Facebook

Lancaster Area Police stated that Shannon did not show up to her opening shift at the bar on May 19th, and since has not had “contact with any of her friends and family since leaving her home”. The Police have a “dedicated search and investigation team in place”.

According to her mother, she has not used her bank card since Thursday 18th, and was last seen leaving Keswick Court at 2.15am wearing a dark coloured jacked, light blue jeans, and Nike trainers.

Shannon has been described as a slim, 5’2″ build, with shoulder length brown hair and a variety of tattoos.

Anybody with information on Shannon’s disappearance should contact 101 – quoting log 0078 of May 20, 2023. Any immediate sightings should be reported to 999.

Featured image via Lancaster Area Police.

Related articles recommended by this writer: