Lancaster Sports Centre to extend opening hours

The new hours will commence from April 17th

Lancaster University Sports Centre has announced that it will be extending its opening hours.

The change in times will be effective as of April 17th.

The new opening hours will allow members to use the facilities from 6am to 10pm Monday to Friday, and 7.30am to 6pm on weekends.

Currently, the centre’s opening hours run from 7am to 10pm on weekdays, and 8.30am to 6pm on Saturdays, and 9.30am to 6pm on Sundays, meaning that an extra hour is being added to the morning of each weekday, and at least an extra hour on weekends.

The facilities affected by this time change are as follows: sports halls, sauna/steam room, squash courts, fitness room and strength and conditioning suite. However, the Sports Centre still recommends that members “check activity timetables for specific areas, as availability may vary depending on other bookings”.

The changes in open times are the second development to occur this academic year, after the Sports Centre altered its memberships before the beginning of Michaelmas term; allowing all memberships access to the swimming pool, group classes, and fitness suite. The Sports Centre also axed the Platinum Membership, meaning the only memberships available for this year are Bronze, Silver, and Gold. More information on memberships can be found here.

Related articles recommended by this writer: