Hot-girl costumes you can recycle this Halloween

‘In Girl World, Halloween is the one day a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything else about it’

Halloween is approaching fast. We are firmly in our autumn-girl eras and as the leaves are turning brown, it’s time to rewatch Hocus Pocus and decide on your costume for this year.

Now, as we may look back on previous outfits we’ve worn and think ‘why on earth, did I wear that?’, we’ve all also worn some questionable things on Halloween. They didn’t SERVE the way we anticipated, and we ended up feeling a bit like Georgia from Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging when she turned up to that Halloween party dressed as an olive. The idea was iconic and a cheese and pineapple stick costume would lowkey slay. But, if you want to play it safe, yet still look like you have put in maximum effort and radiate some real hot-girl energy on Halloween then look no further than these outfits.

GET SOME WINGS

This could go two ways: you could either be a fairy or an angel, or switch it up the year after – and be a DARK fairy or angel. It’s a genius bit of girl math really; a singular pair of wings adding up to make four different costumes, only requiring a change of aesthetic that can be easily done with dark liner and a dark lip.

MAGIC MIKE ICON

This costume either gives Adam Sandler energy or it just works. Regardless of which you end up with, it’s a fool-proof minimal effort costume. All you need is some boxer shorts, any denims, a tank top, a black TIE, maybe a baseball cap and some gold chunky jewellery – all of which you could probably reuse in your day to day life.

PLAYBOY BUNNY

Think Ariana Grande’s Dangerous Woman album cover – the sexy black bunny mask. That’s the only item you need to buy and you can find them in literally any costume shop. All you need to do is pair it with an all black outfit – maybe a black bow tie if you can secure one. You just can’t go wrong with this one, its a tried and tested classic.

THINK DISNEY

Not in a way that gives off adult-Disney fan energy and you’re wearing your Primark Lilo and Stitch Pyjamas to the party – but in a, I’m an adult yes, but I can pull off a Disney princess, of course. Think Rapunzel or Tiana from Princess and the Frog. These costumes require a little bit more of effort, as the detail is all in the accessories – but it’s easy really. For Rapunzel, all you need is a frying pan matched to a purple dress. These make PERFECT couples costumes also – a Flynn Ryder costume couldn’t be too difficult. Somehow myself and my boyfriend pulled off Little Bo-Peep and Woody from Toy Story – an all white outfit and pink ribbon did just the trick.

PROFESSIONAL

It’s a classic: the cop, the nurse, or the fireman. You can get these costumes from everywhere – and use them year after year. It’s fun and a perfect duo or group costume.

Back to School

Perhaps the easiest costume to recreate is a teacher or a student. Combine a white shirt with a skirt and you’ve got the basis for both outfits. The only difference would be how you wear your shirt and how you style your hair, using Britney Spears’ Hit Me Baby One More Time as inspiration for the student. Another bit of fantastic girl math, making two outfits from one using clothes you probably already have in your wardrobe. This costume gives full Patrick Bateman core and I’m obsessed.

Happy Hot-Girl Halloween xx

Related articles recommended by this writer: