Image may contain: Portrait, Photo, Photography, Skin, Jaw, Teeth, Mouth, Lip, Head, Human, Face, Person, Smile

An inquest has found that Exeter student Rory Cattermole drowned in a stream

He was found on Snapmaps

An inquest has found it is likely Exeter student Rory Cattermole developed hypothermia, became confused, collapsed, and drowned in a stream.

Rory Cattermole went missing in February last year after having found out he'd failed some of his exams on a night out. His body was found a couple of days later using Snap Map.

The 20-year-old Exeter student was last seen at Fever and Boutique before his friends raised the alarm after he was seen "walking purposefully" in the opposite direction to his house.

Image may contain: Plot, Painting, Art, Human, Person

Rory was found using Snap Map

Originally from Cambridgeshire, the Economics & Finance student was reported missing by his friends after a night of socialising in the popular club.

He had gone out to the Fever and Boutique night club on Monday night with some course mates, and other than a friend serving him a drink, no-one had contact with him from 2:40am. The friend noted that he was "pretty drunk".

The University said that they were “very concerned for his welfare” while his friends said that his disappearance was out of character.

The inquest also heard how Rory had been quite drunk after downing a beer, wine and spirits on the night he disappeared during a "particularly bad storm".

Coroners involved in the inquest into his death have concluded that he likely "drowned in a stream where the full circumstances of his death remain unknown".