These are the best and worst pick-up lines Cardiff has to offer

It’s not too late to secure your Valentine using one of these bad boys

Valentine’s Day is here, but when you’re single on the most loved-up day of the year it can be a real drag. Being forced to watch obnoxious couples mosey arm-in-arm down the road, listening to your mates’ plans about which fancy, overpriced restaurant they’ll be dining at, and (worst of all) getting asked by your grandma how you will be spending the money-scheming excuse of a celebration and having to tell her that you are in fact spending another year alone.

If you are one of those people then fear not: we have curated the best and worst pick-up lines from the students of Cardiff which are guaranteed to make you smile. Some of them could even lead to a potential future date if you’re lucky…just use them at your own risk.

Are you my appendix? Because this feeling in my stomach makes you wanna take you out.

Comparing somebody you fancy to a body part can be seen as violently creepy, however this one boasts creativity and gets to the point of wanting to take your love interest out on a date. Not a bad start.

My mum hates me. Give me a hug please.

Funny. But guilt tripping is never a good way of getting someone to go out with you, especially if you’re looking for a deeper connection.

Are you a mirror? Because I can see myself in you.

Extremely direct and flirty, but not much build-up or foreplay. Lacking creativity and I think we can all appreciate, is slightly vulgar.

Country Roads…

Concerned if you didn’t catch onto this one. Clever, short and snappy.

Are you a toaster? Because I wanna take a bath with you.

This one, when aimed at the wrong person, could get a terrible reception. Definitely not for the faint-hearted. Certainly for the ones with more of a darker humour, which can be proven difficult to decipher with a mere few Tinder piccies.

I’ve lost my lighter, wanna give me a match.

Disappointing and half-hearted.

Is your name Earl Grey? Because you are such a Hot-Tea.

Quintessentially British. Fairly surface level, but flattery is always appreciated.

You’re so hot that when you eat bread you shit out toast.

Struggling to derive the romance in this one. Carbohydrate-themed pickup lines are seemingly niche, but the intentions are clear.

What was the last thing that made you laugh really hard?

Not really a pickup line. Very much gives ‘I’m quirky and random’. Sometimes a cute question works, others it feels like a chore. Who really cares?

Can I be honest?

Exceptionally clever. High immediate reply rate for this one. Nobody’s not going to want to find out what they’re being honest about.

Recommended articles by this writer: