Tom Cruise fish scandal rumours

What on earth is going on with the rumours of Tom Cruise being involved in a fish scandal?

Something fishy is afoot

Out of all the wild online rumours about A-list actors, this one has to be the fishiest… Sorry, I couldn’t resist. But seriously it seems everyone is going on about the rumours that Tom Cruise has secretly been involved in a raw fish scandal for years and sorry but what?! 

Before we start to unpack everything it needs to be said these are all alleged rumours and have zero evidence behind them, and Tom Cruise has never commented on anything to do with the rumours. 

Right, now that’s all cleared up let’s work out exactly what’s going on and how these rumours even started. 

Via YouTube

Rumours first started swirling in 2020 when a story was posted on the celebrity gossip blog, Crazy Days & Nights, supposedly run by an anonymous Hollywood entertainment lawyer. 

The story described how someone had seen an unnamed celebrity buy a raw seabass at a market in Italy and then entered a bathroom with said fish, only to leave 10 minutes later without the seabass in hand. 

They added: “He was wearing his mask (actually two, one on top of the other) but I knew it was him because he had security with him and because I heard he was filming in the city.”

Readers were quick to try and work out who the mysterious actor was involved in the fish scandal, with them deciding the rumours matched Tom Cruise as he had been seen wearing two masks around Rome while filming for an upcoming project. 

And with that complete lack of concrete evidence, Tom Cruise found himself at the centre of the fish scandal rumours. 

Via YouTube

And a few months later there was another story about the fish saga submitted to the website, with them claiming: “Our actor was taking a while because he was carefully examining every fish that the guy placed on the scale.

“Finally, he settled on one. The actor requested the man not wrap it up, so that’s actually the only reason why I followed him. I thought maybe they were filming a movie or something and they had an emergency need for a new prop.

“He went into the men’s room with the fish and the bodyguard they suddenly came back out of the bathroom with no fish. I was really curious, so I went in and found the fish in the garbage, wrapped in a massive amount of paper towels.”

Tom Cruise fish scandal rumours

Via YouTube

Finally, a third blind item was sent, although yet again no names were mentioned about which actor loves a cheeky unwrapped fish.

They alleged: “Your previous blind item reminded me of what I saw in my Beijing supermarket many years ago. One day, maybe in 2013 or maybe 2014, I see a man go to the fresh fish counter and order one fish.

“He had two black-clothed men by his side and had sunglasses over his eyes. He spent many minutes looking at the fish selection, and then he ordered one whole fish called pompano.

“The fish was raw, so I did not think he would eat it then. At closing, my supervisor says there is a pompano in the bathroom rubbish bin. I tell her what I saw before, and she says she saw the same the day prior.”

And as the internet does, it’s now gone absolutely crazy with the rumour despite the fact there is zero evidence this has anything to do with Tom Cruise. Well at least the next time you see a related video about this insane alleged rumour you’ll know some more of the context around it!

The Tab has contacted Tom Cruise for comment. For all the latest news and drama and drops, quizzes and memes, like The Tab on Facebook

Okay, here’s how to find the actually life-changing new Spotify Offline Backup feature

• A guy on TikTok has a wild theory about why time feels like it goes so much faster since 2020

• Funerals, vegans and in-laws: The most debated Am I the A******? Reddit posts of all time

Featured image via Fred Duval