mafs uk 2024 retreats retreat east hotel suffolk polly

Inside the bougie country hotel where the MAFS UK 2024 cast went for the couples’ retreat

Guess it doesn’t get more British than clay pigeon shooting and scones?

The MAFS UK 2024 couples all headed off on a couples’ retreat, for a week of rural relaxation (and dramatic arguments). Their trip didn’t exactly go off to the best start. Hannah was accused of flirting with the other grooms in an incident we will be referring to as Shoegate.

Here’s a look inside where the MAFS UK 2024 cast are staying for their retreat and causing drama.

Where actually is the MAFS UK 2024 couples’ retreat?

mafs uk 2024 retreat east retreat

A nice helpful aerial view of East Retreat
(Image via Channel 4)

The MAFS gang all stayed at Retreat East. The hotel is in the Suffolk countryside, just north of Ipswich. The buildings are surrounded by 35 acres of meadows and countryside, so there’s plenty of space for Holly and Alex to storm off in.

How much would it cost to stay in the MAFS UK retreat?

Retreat East is an old dairy farm. The 16th Century farmhouse and various outbuildings were turned into the hotel, plus a few new ones were added. The MAFS couples and crew stayed in different converted barns and outbuildings.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Retreat East (@retreateast)

The rooms are all priced slightly differently. None of them are cheap.

Luke, Amy, Hannah and Stephen had to stay together in The Stables, which costs £486.63.

mafs uk 2024 couples retreat

I do love a wood beam
(Image via Channel 4)

The producers decided to put Adam, Polly, Alex and Holly in The Cow House. I wonder if they meant anything by that? This is the oldest barn on the site. A night in this converted farm building in early spring costs about £540 a night.

Kieran and Kristina got one of the smaller cabins all to themselves, which would cost about £300 per night. So, the producers spent more money on their holiday. Lucky them.

mafs uk kieran kristina bath retreat

Evidence that Kieran and Kristina are the producers’ favourites
(Image via Channel 4)

The rooms are much more expensive than the ones at Avington Park, the place in Hampshire where the MAFS UK 2023 couples got to go for their retreat. The room there generally cost between £100 and £200 a night.

There are loads of activities to do

Mafs uk 2024 couples resort orson alex

The hotel has a hot tub for sad men to sulk in
(Image via Channel 4)

The hotel has its own spa, to help couples unwind after an intense commitment ceremony.

You can also go clay pigeon shooting, join a yoga session, go on a Nordic Walking tour, try archery, and even learn axe throwing. Seriously. The hotel also has bikes for guests to borrow, like Emma and Caspar did. This is countryside core on a whole new level.

mafs uk 2024 couples retreat emma and caspar

A rare moment when Emma and Caspar were both smiling at the same time
(Image via Channel 4)

If you’re feeling a bit less adventurous, you can have afternoon tea in The Great Barn.

View this post on Instagram

For all the latest MAFS UK 2024 cast member news, scandals, gossip and updates – like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook

Feature image via Channel 4 and Retreat East’s Instagram