mila kunis ashton kutcher relationship marriage

Age gaps and cheating claims: Inside Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher’s marriage

You already thought they were problematic? Just you wait

Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher used to be the it couple of our lives, and their marriage seemed so cute from the outside. In theory, it’s all adorable – they met on a show as teens, worked their way up in their careers, and then found each other again and got married. They now have a daughter and son together, and are living their happily ever after. However, their marriage isn’t all as it seems – if you know about Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, you’ll know that they’ve always had some kind of controversy surrounding them, whether it’s Ashton making inappropriate comments, or the two of them vouching for Danny Masterson. Here’s a look inside their marriage.

They met on the set of That 70s’ Show – Mila was 14 and Ashton was 19

Most of us saw first hand the beginning of Mila and Ashton’s relationship – they spent many years together working on the set of That 70s Show. What you might not have known is that Mila was 14 and Ashton was 19 when they first started filming the show.

When she found out her co-star romantic interest was Ashton, she told People she was “so nervous and uncomfortable” because she “had the biggest crush on him.”

Ashton was Mila’s first kiss

mila kunis ashton marriage

via Amazon Prime

Ashton was Mila’s first kiss, but it’s not the romantic cute story you’re picturing. Ashton spoke on The Rosie O’Donnell Show about a bet he had made with his co-star Danny Masterson. Mila revealed that Danny had bet Ashton to “French kiss” her when she was a “14-year-old little girl.”

Mila Kunis told Rosie O’Donnell: “I never kissed a guy, I was a 14-year-old little girl and I was extremely scared for my life.”

They began dating casually at first

Despite being married now, their relationship actually began casually. When they first reconnected after the show in 2012, neither of them wanted any serious commitments.

Mila told WTF With Marc Maron: “We were like, ‘Let’s just hook up. Let’s have fun. We’re both single. We both trust each other. Everything’s great.’”

However, after a while Mila noticed she began falling for him. “He said something, and I was like, ‘Oh my God, I love this man,'” she recalled.

After she confronted him about her feelings, she discovered that Ashton felt the same way. Although, Ashton was actually dating someone else at the time, and had to break that off pretty fast.

Neither of them wanted to get married

Apparently, Mila has never wanted to get married – she once said that she wouldn’t get married until same-sex marriage was legal. Ashton shared a desire to not get married again, especially after his very high profile divorce from Demi Moore in 2013.

That all changed when they met each other. Once they realised how serious they were about their relationship, they decided to get married – this all happened while he was separated but still married to Demi Moore. This meant Ashton had to quickly push his divorce with her through so he could propose to Mila as soon as possible. Sounds very romantic.

When they did marry, they did it in secret

We know Mila and Ashton like to keep their lives very private, and that includes their actual wedding. Their wedding was one of the most exclusive events at the time, and they didn’t even reveal the location until 24 hours before the event.

In fact, the public only ever knew they got married in 2015 when they signed a New Years’ Facebook greeting as “the Kutchers” which gave it away. Although, that still threw us all off – they actually got married in July 2015. So confusing!

Ashton told Ellen Degeneres that their wedding was very intimate and low-key which took “serious planning.”

“It was a ninja effort. We really didn’t want helicopters at our wedding… so we went really under the radar with it,” he laughed on the show.

Mila has also spoken about spending their honeymoon in an RV park with Ashton’s parents, which personally, wouldn’t be my ideal honeymoon. Each to their own…

Mila and Ashton bought their wedding rings on Etsy

Although Mila Kunis has a 5-carat diamond engagement ring worth upwards of $250,000 from Ashton, the couple bought their wedding bands from Etsy.

I guess you can’t put a price on love, but for Mila and Ashton, that love is worth $190 plus shipping. Mila previously spoke about the ring, and how she refused to pay store prices for wedding bands.

“I went on Etsy and got our wedding bands for $190. It’s great—thin, simple, and I love it,” she revealed.

She also said that she rarely wears her diamond engagement ring and prefers to wear the Etsy find. I’m not one to hate, but if I was given a $250,000 diamond ring, you’d have to PRY that thing off my finger.

Mila called Ashton out for cheating

If you didn’t already piece it together for yourself, Mila and Ashton’s timeline seems a bit messy with his divorce from Demi Moore, and Mila has actually called him out on this.

In an interview with Esquire, Ashton said that Mila had called him some pretty scathing expletives on the matter. “Yeah, you were an a** for a good two years,” she said. I mean, good for her I guess?

Since being married, the two have been involved in many problematic scandals

Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher really have the most problematic track record in their marriage and their scandals. From defending their friend and co-star Danny Masterson, who was convicted of rape, to Ashton’s problematic comments regarding Hillary Duff, these two took the fast-track road to ruin.

Nowadays, Ashton is facing backlash due to his friendship with P Diddy, who has been accused of racketeering and sex trafficking (he has denied all of these allegations). There also seems to be divorce rumours every five minutes.

And don’t they know it! Ashton hasn’t posted on Instagram since 2019 and Mila isn’t on any social media platforms. The two live a life under the radar, and I think that’s probably for the best these days.