P Diddy Kesha

Explaining why Kesha changed her P Diddy TiK ToK lyric following their vicious feud

‘Wake up in the morning like f**k P Diddy’

Singer Kesha recently changed the infamous lyric about rapper P Diddy in her hit single, TiK ToK which includes the lyric: “Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy.”

Kesha first changed the lyrics at the start of the year following news of the charges against Diddy, and changed them again during Coachella, singing: “Wake up in the morning like f*ck P Diddy.”

According to TMZ, the change will be permanent going forward and she wants fans to learn the new line, explaining: “Yes, it will be. The fans should learn it for my upcoming. I want to hear it louder than ever. I stand by that. I’m not the kind of person that shuts the f**k up, I know what I stand for. I know my integrity is rock-solid, so I speak the truth. The industry can kinda, like, suck my d*ck.”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Kesha (@kesha)

Last month she added that she’s planning on re-recording the song once she’s legally able to, writing on Twitter: “TiK ToK was the first single that I put into this world that had my voice AND my name credited. I remember making it fun and happy because that’s how I felt and wanted others to feel.

“I absolutely love the new lyric change. (Shout out to @reneerapp) Yes, it is permanent. I will re-record it when I have legal rights to! Now, my first baby stands for so much. It stands for fiercely protecting my fun and unadulterated joy, in myself and in others. The whole ride has been absolute insanity, but the JOY is still riding.”

For more like this plus all the latest news, drops, quizzes and memes, like The Tab on Facebook