Meet Eugenio Franceschini: The Italian nepo baby actor who plays Marcello in Emily in Paris

I am looking respectfully

In part two of Emily in Paris season four, everyone is hooked on Emily Cooper’s new love interest Marcello. Look, we all know why. He is played by actor Eugenio Franceschini who, if Netflix knows what’s good for it, should be cast in everything moving forward.

During the fourth season of Emily in Paris, Emily meets Marcello during a trip to Italy with her bestie, Mindy. Upon her arrival in Rome, Emily does what she does best: Turns every new man into a love interest. She’s the best, isn’t she?

So as we watch him on our fav show, let’s get to know Eugenio Franceschini, the actor who plays Marcello in Emily in Paris.

Eugenio Franceschini

via Shutterstock

Eugenio Franceschini is 32 and from Verona

32-year-old Eugenio Franceschini is an Italian actor from Verona. He’s a second generation actor, with his parents being big in that world, too.

Marcello in Emily in Paris is one of his many roles

Eugenio Franceschini has had a huge career spanning over 10 years, in Italian cinema and TV. He first got into acting through theatre productions at his parents’ company. His father, Gianni Franceschini, is a well established theatre actor, and Eugenio took after his dad, taking a number of lead roles at the family theatre company, Viva Opera Circus.

Marcello in Emily in Paris

via Netflix

In a 2012 interview with Vanity Fair Italia, Eugenio said: “I discovered my passion for acting thanks to my father, a Veronese son of farmers who, after graduating in Medicine, gave up everything to be a street actor. His father never forgave him for that. In Bologna he met my mother, an actress, good at puppets and children’s theatre. Together they travelled the world, and I with them.”

When he was 18, Eugenio moved to role to pursue more film roles, where he studied at Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia – Italy’s national film school, that famously only accepts a few applicants each year.

“I didn’t think I’d get into the school audition, only 18 out of 800 got through,” he said. “When the results came out, I was with Dad in a bed and breakfast in Bilbao: It was the first time I saw him cry.”

Now, across his career, Eugenio has appeared in a number of theatre and TV shows, as well as films. He received the Guglielmo Biraghi Award from the Italian National Syndicate of Film Journalists, for his work in rom-com films Sapore di te and Maldamore.

He isn’t big on social media, but he does have Insta!

The actor may have Instagram at @franceschinieugenio, but he really doesn’t post much.  Eugenio has previously spoken with Rolling Stone Italia that he’s not that much into phones and being over online, because he hates when people are on their phones in public.

“I don’t have anything against those who think differently, it’s my thing,” he said. “I get annoyed by people who use their cell phones in public: In the midst of people, it’s important to concentrate on who you have in front of you.”

Sorry girlies, the actor who plays Marcello might be off the market IRL

Eugenio Franceschini doesn’t share much of his personal life online, but he does seem to have a girlfriend. He has spoken about someone in his life during interviews, which makes me think he’s not single. He’s also posted a few videos and pictures on Instagram of him with a baby.

Since filming Emily in Paris, Eugenio is now besties with Lily Collins

Marcello in Emily in Paris

via Netflix

In the cutest turn of events ever, Eugenio Franceschini has said that since meeting Lily Collins when he played Marcello for Emily in Paris, the pair have become really close friends. Speaking with PEOPLE, he said the role “snuck up on him,” and described his experience filming as “unexpected gift” and a “great joy.”

“Everything happened very quickly,” he said in the interview. “When I was selected, I was filming a TV series here in Italy, so I didn’t have time to realise what was happening. So, I threw myself into something.”

Talking of his relationship with Lily Collins, he added: “I worked with Lily all the time, so, yeah, she is [my closest friend].” Posting on Instagram to promote the show he called Lily “special.” I’m crying!

Emily in Paris is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.