What happened to Daniel Wong and the latest on Jennifer Pan’s boyfriend now

The case is currently being explored in What Jennifer Did on Netflix

Right now if you’ve watched When Jennifer Did on Netflix you’ll be familiar with the names Jennifer Pan and Daniel Wong. Together, they were found guilty of a plot to kill Jennifer’s parents.

Jennifer and Daniel met at school and dated in 11th grade. But, their relationship was one that her strict parents, Bich Ha Pan and Huei Hann Pan, didn’t approve of. Daniel had a history in crime, had a criminal record and had dealt drugs.

At first, Jennifer began faking her school results. She had began failing academically, and with the help of her boyfriend Daniel Wong, had faked results to keep this under wraps from her parents. But then their plans got even more serious.

Daniel Wong helped his girlfriend Jennifer come up with a gruesome murder plan, and he even introduced Jennifer to one of the hitmen who she later paid $10k to stage a home invasion at her family home.

In November 2010 in the middle of the night, masked men raided the family home of Bich Ha Pan and Huei Hann Pan. At first it seemed as though it was burglary, when the masked men asked Jennifer’s parents to hand over all of their money. However, it all changed when the masked men took the Vietnamese couple, who had lived in Canada for 30 years, into the basement and shot them. Mother Bich was killed instantly, but father Hann survived.

It was believed Daniel Wong and Jennifer Pan put the murder plan together so they could be together and keep Jennifer’s parents’ inheritance.

Daniel Wong, What Jennifer Did

via Netflix

So, where is Daniel Wong now?

Jennifer Pan, Daniel Wong and the two other masked men – Lenford Crawford and David Mylvaganam – were all found guilty of their crimes and convicted of the same charges. In 2014 a judge found them guilty of first-degree murder and sentenced them to life in prison with no parole for 25 years for first-degree murder, and life for attempted murder.

Daniel Wong is currently in prison at the Collins Bay Institution in Kingston. In May 2023 it was reported Jennifer, and her three co-accused, had been granted a retrial for the count of first-degree murder. The Supreme Court of Canada is currently deciding whether or not it will hear the case.

What Jennifer Did is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.