Scoop Prince Andrew's teddy bear

Scoop: Prince Andrew’s maid has spoken out about his real-life crazy teddy bear addiction

Was really hoping this was just made up for the show

After watching Scoop on Netflix and wowing over Sam McAlister’s character (played by Billie Piper) one thing you were probably wondering and definitely very creeped out about is Prince Andrew’s teddy bear collection.

In the show, Prince Andrew is shown to have A LOT of teddy bears on his bed that he’s very particular about all being in the right places. He even screams at one of his maids who arranges them wrong. Another sees him stroking the teddy bears quite menacingly. But was this made up for the show or did Prince Andrew actually have a massive teddy collection?

So, is Prince Andrew’s teddy bear collection from Scoop real?

I have some bad news for you, the creepy teddy bear collection is definitely very real and a former maid of Prince Andrew’s has confirmed it.

Charlotte Briggs, a former Buckingham Palace maid told The Sun it was her responsibility to lay out Prince Andrew’s 72 teddy bears every single morning in order of size. She said: “As soon as I got the job, I was told about the teddies, and it was drilled into me how he wanted them.

“I even had a day’s training. It was so peculiar. After all, he was a grown man who had served in the Falklands. Each had to be carefully positioned. They were old-fashioned teddy bears – the Steiff ones – and nearly all of them had sailor suits on and hats. It took me half an hour to arrange them.

“Then at bedtime, I had to take all the teddies off and arrange them around the room. They each had a set place. We had to stack the smaller ones in an unused fireplace, again in size order, to make them look pretty. His two favourite bears sat on two thrones on either side of the bed. The others would sit at the foot of the bed on the floor.”

Scoop Prince Andrew's teddy bear

Via Netflix

Paul Page, who was part of the Royal Protection Command from 1998 to 2004, has also spoken about Andrew’s collection in an ITV documentary and claimed he saw “about 50 or 60 stuffed toys” on his bed. He said: “There was a card, in a drawer and it was a picture of these bears all in situ. The reason for the laminated picture was if those bears weren’t put back in the right order by the maids, he would shout and scream.”