The Gentlemen season two

Cry, there could be ‘challenges’ ahead for The Gentlemen season two

And it’s all to do with the cast

The Gentlemen had us all totally hooked from the moment it dropped on Netflix. Really, what more do you need from a show than a posh Theo James becoming embroiled in a drug empire run by Kaya Scodelario?

It’s no wonder everyone is already Googling “when is season two of The Gentleman season being released”. And producers have actually spilled quit a lot about the second series of the show, including a potential cast problem, which will present a “challenge” to filming. So, here’s all you need to know about The Gentlemen season two:

Right, so is there going to be a second season of The Gentlemen and when will it air?

The Gentlemen season two watch release date

Credit: Netflix

The Gentlemen has been so popular it has stayed the most watched show on Netflix in the US and the UK for an entire month. So, it makes sense this huge success would make Netflix want to renew The Gentlemen for another season.

Previously, actor Giancarlo Esposito told Digital Spy “nothing was ever discussed of a second season”. However, producer Marc Helwig told Deadline: “We have started the process…There are some writers we’ve talked to, certainly lots of discussion with Guy about what he might want to do in a second season, what things to focus on.”

Marc also revealed producers have an “active ongoing discussion already” about “what a second season would be” and it could “spawn some kind of a universe – a Guy Ritchie world”.

Credit: Netflix

But there could be a crucial problem with shooting The Gentlemen season two: Getting all of the star-studded cast available for filming at the same time:

“It’s going to be quite a challenge getting the same actors back together,”a source told The Sun. “But Netflix chiefs are keen for a sequel. The success of series one has already convinced them there’s huge potential for a follow-up.”

And surely Netflix can make it happen when even Theo James is keen: “Eddie and Susie just signed the deal with the devil and they’re about to embark on a diabolical journey,” he told Netflix of the end of the first season. “That is the beginning of his journey into the heart of darkness.” Drama.

The Gentleman is available to watch on Netflix now. For more like this The Gentleman article and all the latest Netflix drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.