Sharon Osbourne ill thin ozempic

Everyone’s worried Sharon Osbourne is ill – here’s why she looks so different

She’s spoken openly about her sudden weight loss

It’s been less than a week of Celebrity Big Brother being back on our screens. And, aside from the fixation on what Kate Middleton’s uncle Gary knows about her whereabouts, the big chat on Twitter has been around Sharon Osbourne’s appearance.

Quickly after the former X-Factor judge entered the house (with her own private bedroom) Google erupted with two big questions: “Is Sharon Osbourne ill?”, “Why is Sharon Osbourne so thin?”. I know, our fascination with how women look is literally limitless.

So, in case you’re amongst the hoards of viewers concerned about Sharon’s health, here’s everything she’s said about whether she’s ill and her sudden weight loss:

Ok, why is Sharon Osbourne so thin all of a sudden?

Sharon Osbourne ill thin ozempic

Credit: ITV

Sharon has lost a considerable amount of weight after using the Ozempic drug, which has become popular with an increasing number of celebrities. Back in September, Sharon revealed she’d lost over 42 pounds by taking the drug and has previously undertaken other drastic measures to lose weight, including a gastric band.

So, is Sharon Osbourne ill?

Sharon Osbourne thin ill ozempic

Credit: ITV

Although Ozempic was originally designed to lower blood sugar levels in people with Type 2 diabetes and to reduce the risk of heart attacks in adults with heart disease, Sharon is not ill. She’s purely using the Ozempic drug for weight loss.

However, Sharon has admitted taking Ozempic has made her “too skinny” and she’s struggling to put any weight back on. “In my life, the heaviest I was 230 pounds and I’m now under a hundred,” she told E! News. ” I want to maintain at about 105 because I’m too skinny. But I’m trying to have a healthy balance.”

Sharon also told Piers Morgan: “I didn’t actually want to go this thin but it just happened…You don’t throw up physically, but you’ve got that feeling. It was about two, three weeks where I felt nauseous the whole time…You get very thirsty and you don’t want to eat.”

She also admitted Ozzy is concerned about her weight loss. “He’s scared,” she said on Good Morning Britain, adding she wants to come off the drug and return to normal.

Right, and what actually is Ozempic and how does it work?

Sharon Osbourne thin ill ozempic

Credit: ITV

Known by the brand names Ozempic and Wegovy, Semaglutide has been gaining popularity on TikTok (#Ozempic currently has 769.7million views) since the Daily Mail and VICE reported Kim Kardashian had used the drug to speedily and scarily slim into her Met Gala Marylin Monroe dress last May.

Semaglutide was never intended to be accessible to everyone. Originally, Ozempic was designed as a drug for diabetics, while the variation of the drug coming to UK shelves, Wegovy, has been marketed as a weight loss tool. But, even then, you’re meant to meet a certain weight in order to be eligible.

But currently, all you have to do to access Wegovy, which claims to help people lose “15 per cent of their weight in a year” through regulated appetite and reduced cravings, is fill in an online health questionnaire on Boots’ website.

According to the UK’s National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) common Ozempic and Wegovy side effects include decreased appetite, constipation, diarrhoea, dizziness, tiredness, stomach pain, low blood glucose, nausea, vomiting and, of course, weight loss. Meanwhile, acute pancreatitis and altered tastes are also a possibility.

Celebrity Big Brother continues tonight on ITV and ITV X. For all the latest reality TV news and more like this and for all the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.