Rocco Siffredi Supersex

What Netflix’s Supersex series doesn’t tell you about Rocco Siffredi

He’s the ‘Godfather’ of rough sex

Supersex has burst onto Netflix to the pearl-clutching gasps of many viewers. The seven-part series starring Alessandro Borghi, Jasmine Trinca, and Adriano Giannini is “loosely” based on the life of porn star and “Godfather of rough sex” Rocco Siffredi and there’s a lot to wrap your head around.

But, despite including between 40 and 50 “boundary pushing sex scenes”, Supersex still doesn’t tell you everything there is to know about Rocco Siffredi. So, in case you’ve still got some unanswered questions, here’s all you need to know about Rocco’s mad story and his life after the porn industry:

Rocco wasn’t at all sure about the Supersex series when he first watched it

Supersex did Rocco die?

Credit: Netflix

Despite the specification at the start of Supersex that the show is ‘loosely’ based on his life, he still went through some seriously mixed emotions when he first watched the series:

“When I saw the series, seven hours, all at once… it was pretty difficult,” he told the Independent. “My mind was going so fast. So many memories. So much happiness but also much pain.”

His reputation as the ‘Godfather of rough sex’ has come under scrutiny following the Netflix series

SuperSex Rocco is he dead?

Credit: Netflix

Although the Supersex director said her intent was to “dive into the core of masculinity”, the series also poses Rocco as a sort of feminist in his own right – something critics have heavily questioned.

“When women look at me, they see that I don’t judge them,” he says at one point. “I don’t punish them.” Yet, Rocco was involved in endless spitting, slapping and choking porn videos. Famously, he once had sex with a woman while shoving her head down a toilet.

“I didn’t wake up one morning and start to do rough sex,” he claimed at Berlin film festival last month. “It’s been an evolution of what I learned from girls.”

He randomly lived in Margate in Kent in the ’80s

Supersex Rocco is he dead?

Although Rocco is decidedly Italian (raised in Ortona, Abruzzo), he actually lived in the Kent seaside town of Margate for a period in the 1980s. Rocco had decided to take a break from the porn industry and headed to the Southeast coast of England with his girlfriend Louise Germaine. But when their relationship broke down he returned to the porn industry with a re-invigorated passion and started directing his own movies.

Rocco married a fellow adult film star who he made porn parodies of Tarzan with

Rocco Siffredi is he dead

Credit: Marechal Aurore/ABACA/Shutterstock

In 1991, Rocco married the Hungarian born actress Rosa Caracciolo who has also appeared in porn films –  but only alongside her husband. The couple have created porn parodies of Hollywood films including The Bodyguard and Tarzan. “She accepts many things,” he told the Guardian, “but I’m thinking any woman in the world would wish to have her man only for her.”

The pair have two adult sons called Lorenzo and Leonardo.

Despite rumours, he’s not dead and still has a huge social media following

After Supersex was released on Netflix the main question everybody started Googling was “Is Rocco Siffredi dead?”. But, despite rumours, he’s very much alive and well at 59-years-old and living with his wife just outside the city in Budapest.

He has 583K Instagram followers and his account is @roccosiffredi_official.

Supersex is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.