Cat Janice TikTok

Singer Cat Janice, who created viral TikTok song for her son has passed away from cancer

Her viral song Dance You Outta My Head blew up on TikTok

Musician Cat Janice, who created the viral TikTok song Dance You Outta My Head has sadly passed away aged 31 from cancer. Her song blew up on TikTok when Cat Janice explained all the profit from the song would go to her son, to help him financially after her she passed away.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Cat Janice (@cat.janice)

The TikTok star passed away on Wednesday from sarcoma cancer, two years after Cat Janice was diagnosed. Her family posted a statement on Instagram: “This morning, from her childhood home and surrounded by her loving family, Catherine peacefully entered the light and love of her heavenly creator.

“We are eternally thankful for the outpouring of love that Catherine and our family have received over the past few months. Cat saw her music go places she never expected and rests in the peace of knowing that she will continue to provide for her son through her music. This would not have been possible without all of you. Thank you.”

@cat.janice

Thank you @ASCAP and Max Vernon and Austin Bello for making the best songwriting team ever ❤️❤️❤️ merch in bio!! #songwritersoftiktok #songwriter #cancer #newmusic

♬ Dance You Outta My Head – Cat Janice

Cat Janice had previously spoken about where the inspiration for her viral TikTok hit Dance You Outta My Head came from. She said she and her son were in the car when “inspiration struck.” Janice continued: ‘We came up with some fun lyrics and a little ditty. I song banked it and made a little voice note of it and as time went on, we would bounce around in the car to it every now and then.”

Cat Janice didn’t finish the song until she decided to enter a songwriting competition, where she met Max Vernon and the two decided to collaborate on the song and won the competition.

For all the latest viral memes, music and reality TV and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.