Adele has postponed more shows

A brief history of every time Adele has postponed a show, and the reason why

She’s rolling in the ticket refunds x

Everyone loves Adele, so when she announces that a show will be postponed, everyone gets as teary as they would listening to her belt out Someone Like You. Based on the news, she is delaying ten dates this month for the Weekends With Adele residency “on doctor’s orders,” here is a brief history of the times that Adele has postponed shows.

Adele postponed a string of  shows in America because she needed to have throat surgery in 2011

Adele went under the knife to fix an issue caused by a benign polyp on her vocal cord and, therefore, could not do the US of her tour. Adele wrote on her blog that she was “heartbroken and worried” about the problem.

“It is with deep regret that Adele has been forced to cancel her remaining live dates and promotional appearances in 2011. She is to undergo surgery to alleviate the current issues with her throat, and a full recovery is expected. As a result, doctors have ordered her to rest her voice and completely recuperate before looking to schedule any work commitments,” a statement from her team read.

She postponed two Wembley shows in 2017

Adele cut short a four-day stint after two performances at the stadium in London via online letter to fans, writing that she didn’t “even know how to start this” before detailing that she had to “push a lot harder than” she typically would.

“To say I’m heartbroken would be a complete understatement,” Adele said before refunding 200,000 people their tickets.

She delayed the start of her Las Vegas residency in 2022

After a five-year break away from the scene, Adele disappointed more fans when she shared the news that her Cesear show would be pushed back. This was less than ideal because it was done with less than 24 hours until it was supposed to start. Adele claimed that the set wasn’t ready, among other production issues.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Adele (@adele)

“I stand by that decision. I don’t think any other artist would have done what I did, and I think that is why it was such a massive, massive story,” Adele said while talking on Desert Island Discs that same year.

Again, Adele postponed a load of Las Vegas shows in 2024

Adele adhered to “doctor’s orders” again by announcing that ten dates across the month of March would be pushed back.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Adele (@adele)