people's choice awards best

From Sydney Sweeney to Chrishell Stause: The best looks at the People’s Choice Awards

Ice Spice… wow

The People’s Choice Awards might need to compete with the BAFTAs for its guest list.  However, a little rivalry never hurt anybody. The democratic award show, which allows the public to pick the winners, saw figures from across entertainment come together to celebrate fan-favourite pop culture from the past year. With a record-breaking 45 categories and host Simu Liu, the night’s biggest winners were Barbie, Taylor Swift and many others. However, one thing left to be celebrated is the looks that graced the blue carpet in Santa Monica’s Barker Hangar. Without further ado, here are the best dressed at 48th annual People’s Choice Awards.

Sydney Sweeney

CraSH/imageSPACE/Shutterstock

Sydney will always do one thing and wear the sexiest dress you’ve ever seen in your life, and this is no different.

Rachel Zegler

AFF-USA/Shutterstock

This stunning look gives Catherine Zeta-Jones in Desperado, and it straddles the right line of sophistication and youth for someone like Rachel.

Kylie Minogue

The best looks from The People's Choice Awards blue carpet

Chelsea Lauren/Shutterstock

Kylie, Queen of the Disco channelled her inner 80s mermaid princess in this lame turquoise gown, and it was the right decision. It is a fitting homage to the fun she promoted with her new album, Tension.

Tom Hiddleston

AFF-USA/Shutterstock

You can’t go wrong with a well-fitted suit, and you can always make one of those more fun with a chunky black and white print. It’s less complimentary with the blue background, but a serve is a serve.

Ariana Greenblatt

Chelsea Lauren/Shutterstock

This outfit could so easily be unbearably twee, but it manages to escape Bridget Bardot’s tribute act by being incredibly polished and streamlined.

Ice Spice

AFF-USA/Shutterstock

On anyone else at any other event, this would be the worst outfit in the world but Ice Spice takes Kat Slater’s cast-offs and turns them into a look to remember for all the right reasons.

Alexandra Shipp

CraSH/imageSPACE/Shutterstock

This classic white ensemble is very early career Christina Aguilera in the best way and it’s really refreshing to see someone from the Barbie movie not in pink.

Chrishell Stause

Photo by AFF-USA/Shutterstock

This classic silhouette is given an irresistible modern twist with the latex fabric. Not pictured is her devoted wife G-Flip fixing her train. What a star, what a duo.

Related stories recommended by this writer

• Every refreshing thing Sydney Sweeney has said about NOT being a nepo baby

From Tracy Beaker to How to Have Sex: Inside the rise of Mia McKenna-Bruce

• All Zendaya’s Dune red carpets ranked, because this woman can do not wrong