Lover, Stalker, Killer on Netflix: Where Liz Golyar is now and what her life is like

She still maintains her innocence

The latest true crime documentary to hit Netflix is Lover, Stalker, Killer. The film, which is now the most watched on Netflix, follows Dave Kroupa, who is telling his story of meeting two women online – Liz Golyar and Cari Farver.

As the title of the show suggests, Dave’s search for a companion in life after breaking up from the mother of his children was all but straight forward. He had taken to Plenty of Fish to get on the dating scene again, and first went on a date with Shanna “Liz” Golyar. Then, through his work as a mechanic, Dave met Cari Farver and the pair quickly hit it off.

Awkwardly, the two women met one night at Dave’s apartment, and that’s when the story spiralled out of control. Cari disappeared, and Liz and Dave started getting threatening messages from her – including threats to their lives. At one point, Liz’s house was burned down, and it seemed all of this had been done by Cari.

But, in a huge twist, the stalking and harassment had come from Liz herself, who was impersonating Cari. She had murdered Cari shortly after their meeting, and managed to get away with it, and pretending to be her, for years.

So, what is the latest on where Liz Golyar is now?

After a long investigation which saw tech experts cracking the IP addresses of where messages supposedly from Cari had come from, it was worked out the messages were actually from Liz, messaging herself, Dave, and later Dave’s ex and mother of his children.

In December 2016, after bloodstains were discovered in her car, Liz was charged with stabbing Cari to death. The following year, she was convicted of first-degree murder and second-degree arson. She was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Right now, 49-year-old Liz Golyar is serving her sentence at the Nebraska Correctional Center for Women. She still maintains her innocence. As told in the book A Tangled Web, author and magazine writer Leslie Rule corresponded with Liz Golyar through letters in which Liz has claimed “the real killer is still out there” and she “will not stop fighting until I am set free and they find the right person.”

Lover, Stalker, Killer is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.