The dress Aubrey Plaza wore to the Emmys sparked a new meme

The funniest memes you have to see of the dress Aubrey Plaza wore to the Emmys

Some see high fashion, some see a canvas for chaos

Aubrey Plaza might have played super serious and highbrow Harper in the second season of The White Lotus, but no one is safe from becoming the springboard for some memes like she did in her look for the Emmys.

Before losing out to her co-star Jennifer Coolidge in the Best Actress in a Drama Series, Aubrey walked the red carpet at the Peacock Theater in a gorgeous pale yellow Loewe gown. The dress featured a rather avant-garde panel, which, to the poster’s mind, is not an artistic choice but rather a blank canvas.

When she took to the stage to collect her gong, Jennifer made painstaking detail to thank her core audience, the ones who had supported her for her entire career,

Here are some of the funniest memes inspired by Aubrey Plaza’s Emmy look. 

1. The post-it note Berger used to dump Carrie in Sex And The City

2. A personalised to-do list

3. The Jersey Shore note

4. All of Heather Gay’s collected evidence from The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City

5. Lana Del Rey’s Instagram open letter clapping back after the criticism she only wrote about problematic themes

6. The US Declaration of Independence from 1776

Aubrey’s show snagged a record-breaking 23 nods but only won one. When taking to the stage to collect her award, Jennifer made an effort to thank the ones who had made her role of Tanya McQuoid-Hunt so iconic in the second series of the Mike White-created anthology series about miserable rich Americans on holidays in beautiful destinations by shouting out the “the evil gays”. Whether this is a nod to the group actually in the show or her loyal fanbase, one could view it either way.

Her win followed her Golden Globe win last year, widely believed to be a long time coming for the much-meme and beloved character actress. Jennifer has starred in a string of classic comedies such as Best In Show, A Cinderella Story and the sitcom Two Broke Girls.