Lil Tay

Who is Lil Tay? The 14 year old rapper who was involved in a death hoax

She’s back to flexing on all of us

You might have heard a lot about Lil Tay in the past month. A lot has been circulating about her, from her alleged death to public feuds with her parents. But who exactly is the 14-year-old rapper, and everything that’s been happening since her death hoax went viral.

Who is Lil Tay?

Lil Tay, whose real name is Claire Hope, went viral in 2018 for her videos that blew up on social media. The then nine-year-old would post clips of herself posing with supercars, and flexing vast amounts of cash. The rapper would also tell her 3.3 million Instagram followers that they were “broke.”

After the hoax of her death last month, Lil Tay announced her return to social media, by posting the music video for her newest single. This has led some people to believe that Lil Tay was behind the hoax of her and her brother both passing away.

So did she actually pass away?

Lil Tay did not pass away and is very much alive. On the 10th of August, a post on Lil Tay’s social media announced her “sudden and tragic passing,” alongside her brother. However, one day after the post, her father revealed that her social media had been hacked and that the post had been fake.

What is Lil Tay accusing her father of?

The rapper has accused her father of a string of allegations on her Instagram, which he’s strongly denied.

“The person who is responsible for that Instagram post, as well as anyone repeating the completely false and libelous accusation within it, are virtually certain to become defendants in a defamation lawsuit.

“Everything stated is 100 per cent false, and I trust that this should be obvious to anyone who knows me or the long history of absurd and untrue statements made by the various people who have controlled the Instagram account.”

For all the latest entertainment news, gossip and memes, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.