MAFS gossip column: Cast members to be AXED?! Plus Nathanial shares his truths

One week in and the chaos has erupted!

Welcome to The Tab’s Married at First Sight UK 2023 gossip round-up, bringing you the pettiest drama, most scandalous rumours and the least believable tabloid exclusives from around the web.

Arthur has explained why he got his vows off the internet

Latest news and gossip from Married at First Sight UK 2023

via E4

Arthur found himself in hot water with his bride Laura, after she found out he’d got his vows off the internet. He managed to turn the situation around though, rewriting them and including a nod to her fav oat lattes, it was adorable.

However, Arthur has since said he doesn’t regret initially seeking help online, and has explained why he did so. “That week when I found out that I’ve got to write my vows, I was going through a tough time and I didn’t really have much time to sort of sit and think about it,” he said in an interview.

“Because it takes you a while to sit down and think of the right words to choose for someone that you’ve never met before.” He said he decided  “fuck it then, just get it off the internet.” Fair enough!

He added: “What I do regret is adding the ‘I love you’ bit to the end, a little bit. But you know what, it is what it is.”

The cast members are already being called out for being fame hungry!!

Ding ding! It’s only the first week and already the cast are being called out for having motives behind going on the show. Fans have been talking about who is the most in it for fame, and it’s all getting a bit messy.

Laura has also appeared on Celebs Go Dating, Nathanial has been on Geordie Shore in 2021, and on E4 show, Young Free and Single in 2015. Plus, Peggy was once on Take Me Out – and that’s just the start.

“This babe wants to be on Made in Chelsea so bad,” one person on Twitter said about Laura. Another wrote: “Failed the Made in Chelsea audition so went for #MAFSUK instead.”

“The fact Nathanial has been on other dating shows makes me think he’s definitely on this for the fame…,” someone else said.

When Laura and Nathanial were asked by The Sun about whether they were worried of being called”fame hungry” due to the number of stints they’ve had on TV, Laura said: “No, they’re all dating shows. We’ve said this, with Celebs Go Dating, I knew I wasn’t going to get married with it. If your intentions are pure, just because you’re doing it in the format of a show it doesn’t change that.

Georges has also called out cast members for being fame hungry, and ‘breaking the rules’

via E4

It’s not just the internet coming for the cast members, they’re going for each other, too! A brand new feud among the brides and grooms has emerged, as Georges has called out his fellow MAFS stars.

He said he “stuck to rules” whilst filming, but others didn’t, and also said he thinks some were in the process for the fame of being on TV.

He told The Sun: “I’ve always been one to stick to the rules in the filming process but a lot of people didn’t. Loads of people were not listening to rules or protocols. For me it was quite frustrating.”

He added: “I actually feel there are cast members on the show for fame. I’m not afraid to say what I think. During the dinner parties I didn’t really sit on the side very often.

“I promised myself I was going on it for one thing and one thing only which was to meet someone, and if I didn’t then maybe I’d meet someone else through the process. That’s how I always viewed it. I always said I’d go in and be myself and open minded and if it doesn’t work, maybe you’ve made a friend for life and someone to always be there for.”

Ella reportedly cheated with another groom?!

If you’ve missed the biggest MAFS news in the last couple of days, apparently Ella cheats with another groom later in the series! She reportedly shared a “passionate kiss” with someone else who joins the show later on, behind Nathanial’s back.

A source told MailOnline: “There’s no denying that Ella and Nathanial were instantly attracted to each other the day of their wedding. Ella’s natural type is a straight man with masculine energy so one of the other grooms ticked more of her boxes. She didn’t want to hurt Nathanial or go against the process because being part of the show means so much to her.

“Ella was looking for love and with the other groom, he adores her body and mind, and they had a much better chance of enjoying a long-lasting relationship together.”

In response to the rumours, a Channel 4 spokesperson told MailOnline: “We don’t comment on speculation. Viewers will have to tune in to find out what does or doesn’t happen as the series develops – there’s still 33 episodes to go.”

via E4

Nathanial is ready to speak his ‘truths’ about the show

During the episode where Nathanial and Ella were seen having an explosive argument, and just as news came in of her apparent kiss with someone else, Nathanial posted a very cryptic Instagram video saying he was going to spill his truths about the show, and “all the shit that happened” whilst filming Married at First Sight.

Speaking in a further post, he’s now said the process “broke” him. “Thank you all for your kind messages, it really means a lot,” Nathanial said. “This process broke me with lies and cover-ups.

“To the others 10 per cent, hate to call out my community LGBT+. Look at people’s actions and behaviour, not just presentation.”

MAFS UK bosses apparently threatened to axe three contestants because of their ‘wild partying’

Bosses of the show reportedly nearly axed three contestants who had a night of wild partying during the show. MailOnline has reported network bosses called in lawyers, and it led to a legal team writing up new contracts banning the cast from entering central London, instead staying in Wembley where they are put up for the duration of the show.

The cast members in question are said to have been angered by this, and felt they were treated like naughty children for “rule breaking”. The incident took place at Wembley’s Box Park after two weeks of filming and the cast were keen to let off some steam.

A TV insider told MailOnline: “The cast had been getting to know each other better during a night out after two weeks of filming and were chaperoned by the welfare team. They continued the party at their home in one of the apartments in Wembley, where producers put them up during the series to live with their new spouse.

“But the night took an unexpected turn, and three cast members were reprimanded the next day for their actions. The entire cast were spoken to either as individuals or in their couples by CPL Productions and were warned about how serious the situation was and to not do the same again.

“But the contestants who weren’t involved felt the decision to punish them as a group was ‘unfair’ and they ended up being treated like children.”

Yikes!

For all the latest MAFS news, scandals, gossip and updates – like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook