These are the Russell Group unis that are currently offering courses through Clearing

There are nearly 2,000 courses up for grabs

A level result’s day is a nasty one, it can feel make or break. Whether you’re confident that you’ve got the grades you need to get into your top choice uni, are absolutely bricking it or just simply don’t care, the grades inside that brown envelope can change the trajectory of your whole life. If things don’t go as you had hoped this Thursday then there are plenty of other options out there with hundreds of unis offering degrees through Clearing, including 14 of the Russell Group universities.

Despite Clearing 2023 actually opening over a month ago on July 5th, there are still nearly 2,000 courses at Russell Group unis up for grabs. If you’re looking to get as far from home as possible, there are universities in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland all with availability. You don’t need to apply for a Clearing course ahead of results day but it’s a good idea to have a look now ahead of time as places will fill up very fast on Thursday morning.

If you have your heart set on going to a Russell Group university, these are all the Russell Group unis currently offering courses through UCAS Clearing 2023:

University of Birmingham

University of Birmingham has 244 courses available through clearing this year, including engineering, history, medical science, classics and media degrees – amongst many others. To see all courses available, click here.

Cardiff University

Cardiff University has even more courses available through Clearing 2023 than last year with a whopping 246 courses currently available on UCAS. You can see the fill list here.

Whether you’re into the arts or sciences, with so many courses available there’s definitely something for everyone, no matter what you’re interested in.  Cardiff also has its own dedicated Clearing enquiry centre as well as Clearing guide you can register for.

University of Edinburgh

An extremely popular and competitive uni to get into, nursing studies is the only course currently available through clearing at Edi. You can see more information on the course here.

University of Exeter

University of Exeter currently has eight courses available through clearing, seven of which are some kind of variety of a business degree and the eighth is philosophy and politics. To see all courses available, click here.

University of Glasgow

One of only two Russell Groups universities in Scotland, Glasgow has 20 courses up for grabs in Clearing 2023. However, apart from environmental sciences and sustainability and nursing, all of them are PGDEs and therefore only open to graduates. More information can be found here.

King’s College London

One of the top London players, King’s has five courses available through clearing this year but all five are different variations of a nursing degree. Click here if you’re interested.

University of Leeds

University of Leeds also only has a handful of courses up for grabs with only 13 available, but there is some diversity including business studies, nursing, midwifery and social science, all of which can be seen here.

Newcastle University

One of the vibiest unis the UK has to offer, Newcastle has 151 courses in Clearing this year. Ranging from sciences, engineering, arts, architecture, education, classics, English, history and many others – you can view them all here.

University of Nottingham

You can see the 183 courses University of Nottingham has available through clearing here. There’s a huge range of subjects available, some even with years abroad if you’ve got that travel bug.

Queen Mary, University of London

Queen Mary is ready and raring to take on students through Clearing this year. Of all the Russell Group universities, it has the most courses to offer by far with 292 currently available on UCAS. From aerospace engineering to drama, click here to view all available courses.

Queen’s University Belfast

Queen’s University Belfast is the only Russell Group uni in Ireland. This year there are 209 courses through Clearing, see here. So, if you want to live out your Normal People fantasy, get applying ASAP.

University of Sheffield

University of Sheffield ranked best in the country to study nursing this year and the course is still available through Clearing, along with 199 other courses. Apply here.

University of Southampton

This year, University of Southampton was ranked as 17th best in the country by the Complete University Guide. If you want to attend a top 20 UK university then Soton has 172 courses, all of which you can browse through here.

University of York

York is the final Russell Group university to currently offer places through Clearing. This year it has 204 courses available through Clearing which is four times the amount that were on offer in 2022. You can see the 204 courses here.

These are the Russell Group unis you need to go to if you want to earn the most as a grad

The Russell Group universities with the fewest spaces in Clearing for UK students

A rundown of the most boujee student halls in 2023, if you’re feeling fancy