‘Messy’ drama and ‘fake’ comments: Everything to expect from the Love Island 2023 reunion

This could be awkward!

It’s time! The Love Island 2023 reunion is upon us, and this year’s looks as though it’s going to provide more drama than ever.

Just days after the show has ended the Islanders are all embroiled in petty arguments, and have been shading one another in interviews. So, what better timing to chuck them all in a room together to have them discuss their lives and feelings?

The episode is just days away – so here’s everything to expect. It’s going to be a good one!

What we know about the Love Island 2023 reunion

via ITV

The Love Island 2023 reunion is going to give lots of drama, including feuds being unsurfaced and comments aired

The Love Island 2023 reunion episode will take a similar format to an Aftersun episode, but the audience seats will be filled by all of this year’s Islanders too, and there will of course be loads of extra drama. Maya Jama will go through some of the biggest moments of the season, and the final couples will have their own interviews on the sofa with her.

Naturally, the reunion is going to be filled with chaos. And this year, it looks like the majority of that is heating up around Kady. Whitney, Catherine and Scott have all been on FaceTime, and Whitney posted a live showing them calling out Kady for running her mouth on podcasts, and slating other Islanders.

Mitch has apparently also called out Kady for the same thing, after she said Mitch had a game plan the entire time he was on the show.

Scott also did a podcast interview going in on his fellow Islanders, and quite frankly said: “If my name gets you views then keep going” to people from the show who are talking about him, and said Kady was the villa’s biggest game player. Scott said: “My name is a key word. My name seems to get views so keep it going. I spoke to Kady and Ouzy last night and they said, ‘Don’t take anything personally’ and I said ‘Listen when I go on a podcast don’t take anything personally’.”

People have also spotted that Jess, Sammy, Whitney, Lochan, Tyrique and Ella were all posting fun and cute videos together on the plane heading home, but Zach and Molly were nowhere to be seen. Dumped Islander Catherine further fuelled rumours of a divide with Molly, by sharing all the finalists’ official snaps – apart from the one where Molly and Zach won fourth position.

Catherine then failed to congratulate Molly a second time, as she posted a picture alongside Jess, Ella and Whitney in the villa and captioned it: “So so so proud of my girls. Can’t wait to see you all.”

Also on the list of dramas to watch out for is the ongoing saga with Kady and Molly. Obviously there’s historic beef between the girls, as Kady got Molly initially dumped by coupling up with Zach, and then Kady and Zach kissed one another during the Snog, Marry, Pie challenge.

After Kady was dumped, she posted a shady tweet about Molly smirking when she left the villa, and when she was asked about it on Aftersun, Kady told Maya Jama. “At the end of the day, she’s six or seven years younger than me, I can’t beef a 21-year-old. But then when she’s smirking and saying ‘I’m so glad she’s left…I can’t wait to see the back of her’. She wouldn’t dare say that if I was in there…she wouldn’t dare.”

via ITV

Maya made a joke about the reunion being “fun” and Kady replied sarcastically: “So fun.” Give me the drama!

All of the Islanders are expected to be there

As usual, the entire cast is invited to the reunion show, and it will be the first time they’ve all been in the same room. It will also be the first time a lot of them have seen each other since the villa, and have had a chance to catch up on certain things which were said behind their backs.

via ITV

When is the Love Island 2023 reunion?

The Love Island 2023 reunion will air on Sunday 6th August at 9pm, on ITV2 and ITVX.

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.