islanders who went to russell group unis

They’ve graduated! Here are all the Love Island contestants who went to Russell Group unis

They’ve got beauty AND brains

Even if you consider yourself a super fan of the show, what you might not know is that there is actually a bunch of Islanders who went to Russell Group unis.

For the summer months, we all spend every evening rotting on our sofas watching gorgeous Love Island contestants prance around our screens not realising that some of the have brains big enough to match their beauty. Just one more thing to feel inadequate about!

Here all the Islanders who went to Russell Group unis:

Dr Alex – University of Exeter and King’s College London

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Dr Alex (@dralexgeorge)

It’s not surprising that Love Island’s resident doctor, Alex George went to a Russell Group. He was at University of Exeter for five years, which is standard for medicine, before moving onto to work as a junior A&E doctor at University Lewisham Hospital in London.

After leaving the villa, Alex went back to his day job at A&E and uses his following he acquired through appearing on the show to be spread awareness of mental health after losing his younger brother to suicide. Last year, Alex announced he would be returning to university and undertaking a two-year Master’s course at King’s College London.

Maxwell Samuda – University of Liverpool

via ITV

Maxwell was on Winter Love Island 2023, having entered the villa as a Casa Amor bomb shell and then coupling up with Olivia. Maxwell has two degrees from University of Liverpool. He did an undergrad in business economics, where he achieved a 2:1, and a Master’s in finance, which took four years of studying. GRAD SCHEME – SUN ARTICLE?

Charlie Radnedge – Newcastle University

According to his LinkedIn, Charlie, who was on Love Island last year in 2022, studied at Newcastle University from 2013 to 2016 and was heavily involved with the rugby club whilst there. After uni, he spent a year doing a Master’s in Real Estate at Henley Business School.

Leanne Amaning – University of Nottingham

From season six, Leanne Amaning entered as an original Islander but then was dumped on day 18. Leanne has a psychology degree from the University of Nottingham and a first in an occupational psychology Master’s degree from the same uni. Like most other Islanders on this list, Leanne has opted for the social media / influencer career route rather than using her qualifications.

Eve Zapico – University of Nottingham

Eva joined Love Island as part of Casa Amor during the winter series of 2020 and is still in a relationship with Nas. Like Leanne, Eva attended University of Nottingham where she as a 2:1 degree in business management.  She also graduated in 2019 so maybe her and Leanne knew each other whilst they were?

It seems beauty and brains runs in the Zapico genes as Eva’s sister Zara went to University of Oxford and graduated in 2022.

Aaron Francis – University of Birmingham

Aaron studied at the University of Birmingham from 2015 to 2019. He graduated with a degree in International Relations and Economics. According to his LinkedIn, he was part of a few societies at uni, including Arts, Politics and Economics.

He told the Daily Mail that when he graduated his parents had a plan for him to get into finance. But, after doing a placement in his second and third year, Aaron decided finance wasn’t the route he wanted to pursue. He’s now clearly putting his degree to good use by being an, uh hum, wellness influencer.

Chloe Burrows – University of Liverpool

The 2021 Love Island icon that is Chloe Burrows graduated from University of Liverpool in 2018 with a first class degree in marketing. On the day of her graduation, she posted a picture on Instagram which was captioned: “This is my graduation picture cos the outfit was so ugly. FIRST CLASS degree in Marketing.” She has since gone on to become a financial services marketing executive.

Jessica Gale – University College London

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Jessica (@jessicarosegale)

Identical twins Jessica and Eve Gale were on season six of Love Island and enter the villa together as double bombshells. Jessica began studying psychology at UCL in 2018 and lived in Hugh Parry tower. Jessica’s uni friends told The London Tab at the time that Jess was partial to going out clubbing in Mayfair during her first year.

Eve Gale – King’s College London

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Eve Gale (@evegale)

Just like her sister Jessica, Eve also attended a London university having studied geography at King’s College London, starting in 2018. Both twins ended up deferring university and its unclear whether either of them ever returned and graduated.

Love Island 2023 is on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.

23 memes about the Love Island 2023 final that prove the season ended in chaos

‘Who is controlling the votes?’: Ex-Islanders react to the Love Island 2023 final

Love Island 2023 voting figures revealed – and it was the lowest percentage win in history

Featured images via @chloeburrows, @aaronfranciis and @dralexgeorge Instagram.