Meet Ruchee Gurung, ultimate cool girl joining the Love Island 2023 cast

Say hello to Ruchee, the ultimate cool girl joining the Love Island 2023 cast

I need her whole wardrobe rn please x

Winter Love Island 2023 feels like it’s barely over, but this summer’s Love Island is back with a bang – and with it, a whole fresh crop of new Islanders. And quite possibly the coolest of all the Love Island 2023 contestants is Ruchee Gurung, a 24-year old beautician.

Here’s absolutely everything you need to know about Ruchee, from what her Instagram looks like to exactly which types of jeans give her the ick:

Before heading into the Love Island 2023 villa, Ruchee was working as a beautician in London

24-year-old Ruchee Gurung is a beautician from Sutton, in south London. Ruchee calls herself a “relationship girl”, and she’s joined Love Island looking to “hopefully find the right person in the villa”.

Ruchee’s Instagram is @rucheewawo and right now she has 17k followers, although obviously she’s set to grow by loads while she’s in the villa. Ruchee has almost 3,000 followers on TikTok, where her handle is @rucheewawo.

On Instagram she mainly posts pictures of her on holiday, in boujee hotels in places like Morocco and Nepal, as well as on London nights out, and in every single picture she’s wearing a gorgy outfit. Can I have Ruchee’s whole wardrobe please?

Before moving to London, Ruchee was born in Hong Kong and grew up in Nepal. She told Grazia she’s “so happy” to hear about the support she’s already had from Love Island fans, saying: “There’s never been anyone on Love Island who looks quite like me – if there’s ever an Asian on a reality show they’re usually Filipino, Vietnamese or Chinese but never from Nepal. I’m so proud to be representing such a small country.”

Ruchee has also said she was originally scouted through Instagram for Love Island, for the winter show a few years ago, but turned it down as she was seeing someone at the time. The show then reached out again a few months ago and Ruchee decided it was time to go for it.

Skinny jeans give Ruchee the ick, so let’s hope for none of them on this year’s Love Island

Lots of things give Ruchee the ick – someone tell the Love Island 2023 boys quick! “Guys with no ambition. I also get the ick if I see a guy wearing white jeans and red trainers. Another one is super skinny jeans when they look like leggings”, she says.

“Fashion is such an important thing for me. If I go on a date and the guy isn’t wearing something I like, I’m going home.” Iconic behaviour tbh.

Ruchee says she can be quite picky and “no nonsense”, saying that if she sees a red flag in someone she won’t go there. “As I’ve got older, if I see one red flag I just don’t have the time to deal with it.”

On the other hand, the things Ruchee most looks for in a partner are that they dress well and have a good fashion sense, as well as being motivated and family oriented.

She’s loyal babes x

Ruchee describes herself as “really caring”. When asked why someone should date her, she said: “When I’m with someone I’m all about them. I’m also really loyal and love doing nice things for the people that are special to me.”

Ruchee’s love language is giving gifts, “so I’m a real giver when it comes to relationships” she says. She says she’ll “definitely bring fun” to the villa, as well as honesty, saying she always speaks whatever’s on her mind. Ruchee also describes herself as loud and outgoing. Her favourite ex-Islander is Maura Higgins, so if Ruchee’s anything like Maura we can be sure to have a fun Love Island series on our hands.

Love Island 2023 kicks off on Monday 5th June at 9pm. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook. 

Featured image via Instagram @rucheewawo