ITV confirms start date for Love Island 2023 and promises ‘more twists and dramatic dumpings’

Ok I am ready for this NOW

ITV has confirmed the start date for summer Love Island 2023, and promised us this series of the show is going to be one of the best yet. The sun has come out in the last few days, and combined with this, I need that Love Island theme tune injected into my veins.

Confirming Maya Jama will be back as host, but this time in Majorca, ITV said the show will kick off on Monday 5th June at 9pm on ITV2 and ITVX, as a host of brand new singletons seek to find love.

Iain Stirling returns to voiceover each and every episode, with Maya also hosting Aftersun from a London studio. The official Love Island podcast, Love Island: The Morning After, will be hosted by Sam Thomspon and Indiyah Polak, as they chat through their thoughts on the latest couplings, dumpings and bombshell antics.

Describing the show, ITV said: “With new arrivals, heads may turn, while others will prove their true feelings. From romance and heart-to-hearts, to betrayal, bombshells and broken hearts, there’s never a dull moment in the ultimate search for love.

“More texts, fire pit gatherings and challenges await the lovestruck Islanders, meaning there’ll be plenty for them to dish the dirt on in the Beach Hut. Twists and turns will follow every step of the way, with shock recouplings, unexpected breakups and dramatic dumpings.”

Love Island 2023 start date confirmed, Maya Jama

via ITV

Like last year, Love Island’s tenth season will take place in the stunning six-bedroom Majorca mansion, which is reportedly worth £2.57million. The villa has a 20-metre swimming pool, an outdoor kitchen, and (of course) the show’s famous fire pit, where all the re-coupling drama goes down.

Ahead of the new season, there’s been a big eco-conscious revamp of the mansion, where solar panels have been installed to reduce the villa’s carbon footprint. There have already been three rumoured contestants for the show – an influencer and model, a TikToker and a fit student.

In less than two weeks, Love Island 2023 will start and I am SO ready!

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.